CrowdStreet Investment: The Pointe at Redwood Shores

Got this ad in my email. If you are interested, If you are interested, go on their site to learn more.

Dear CrowdStreet Investor Member,

On behalf of Vertical Ventures, I am pleased to announce an exclusive new offering on the CrowdStreet Marketplace: The Pointe at Redwood Shores, an 89,147 SF, Class A, two-building office campus located in the Redwood Shores submarket of Redwood City, CA. This offering is being presented to select CrowdStreet Members for a limited time. Vertical Ventures will hold the webinar for Redwood Shores on Thursday, February 8th, at 10:00AM PST.

Summary:

• Targeted Investor IRR: 31.7%
  • Targeted Equity Multiple: 1.70x
  • Targeted Investment Period: 2 Years
  • Investment Profile: Value Add
  • Sponsor’s Key Deal Points:

Sponsor’s Key Deal Points:

• Off-Market Transaction: This offering represents an opportunity to acquire the property in an off-market transaction at a significant discount to replacement cost.
  • Significant Discount to Replacement Cost: The Sponsor is acquiring the property at $21,000,000 ($236 per SF), which represents an estimated discount to replacement cost of between 52.8% - 60.7%. Replacement cost for the property is estimated between $500-$600 per SF. A comparable property, 130 & 150 Shoreline Drive, sold in January 2018 for $711 per SF.
  • Conservative Exit Assumptions: The Sponsor is targeting an exit value of $378 per SF, far below the replacement cost of between $500-$600 per SF.
  • Value-Add Opportunity: As of January 1, 2018, the property was 86% leased and in-place rents were an average of 18% below market rates. According to HFF Research, the local market has an unmet demand for office space of approximately 4.5 million SF. Capitalizing on this high demand, over the two-year hold period the Sponsor intends to increase occupancy levels to 95% and increase lease terms to market rates (as leases expire).
  • 54% Leased to Strong Anchor Tenant: The property is 54% leased to AB Sciex, a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation. Danaher Corporation is a Fortune 200 science, photographic and control equipment company with a market capitalization of approximately $60 billion. AB Sciex lease expires in December of 2026.
  • Short-Term Hold: The Sponsor intends to complete its value-add business plan and exit the property within two years.
  • Ideal Location in San Francisco MSA: The property is located in Redwood Shores, a strong submarket of the San Francisco MSA.

Seems a good deal.

How do you like crowdstreet? Do they have a lot of good deals for crowd investors?

I joined a bunch but never invested in any. I am waiting for one of you guys to tell me.

I think a REIT is better. Safer and more liquid.

Just got an email from CrowdStreet. The investment is fully subscribed but you can still get on their waitlist. This one is pretty popular.

Reviving this. Anyone ever invest in CS on this forum? If so, good exp? bad exp? Curious on if the the deals are good.