Daly City Rocking The Overbids

may i ask how much you spent and how long/cost to get the permit?
I’m planning to legalize downstairs once the contract ends.

PM me your question. Are you looking to legalize extension as in adding room / bath or making In-law unit (with legal kitchen)?

Forget 1.5M. How about 3M??? I guess they hired the same designer from that fugly Millbrae house? Same style…

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Daly-City/62-Hillsdale-Ave-94015/home/1054136

The house has a character…

WTH is going on with DC pricing??? This one is just ridiculous…

don’t even touch this. I know this house. I remember back then my mom still live in her house, it’s in the same block, we go there couple times a week, they completely tore down the house for complete rebuild, however, after the core of the house was build(build to a point with house shape), they leave it for about 1.5 years before start finishing it up. During those 1.5 years, the core of the house was uncover , rain, storm, whatever you name it. And it’s during the japan tsunami earthquake time(you know at this time news keep saying all these nuclear particle flowing from japan to US in the cloud). And they posted this for 2.9 for a while and no taker, I’m suprise they ask for even more now. They are complete moron.

1 Like

Haha yeah I posted about this one a month ago and they even increased the price after sitting on the market for three months…seller is clueless.

That is so ugly…

I think I said this before but I will say it again…if Outer Sunset can fetch $1.5M+, Westlake can do the same because the environment is so much better. The pricing on this particular house is just crazy.

1 Like

Hold on, how is the environment so much better in Westlake? Not seeing it…

I live in both place, each place over 8+ year and i like DC olympic area way more than sunset. Especially now all these chinese restaurant in SF keep closing out and everything opening in San bruno/millbrae area

1 Like

Speaking of Chinese restaurants have you tried the new Hing Lung?

Ditto. I lived in both Inner and Central Sunset for 15+ years. Naysayers will always be naysayers.

went there when first week they opened.
porridge not bad, but i prefer less msg. I also went to dragon beaux the other day in richmond for dinner. It’s not bad, the geoduck is pretty good, but i think for fried dish, they lack “wok hey”, compare to king wah, i think both has good and bad, but in terms of price/quality, i like king wah better( i haven’t go in few months, maybe i’ll go check out in next 2 weeks, hope their quality remains)
You know the main problem with restaurant in here is the lack of consistency. Some days you go in, taste good and the other day you go in taste completely different.

Who here is a Koi Palace addict? I go there 90% of the time for dim sum and dinner. If I get crowded out then I go next door to Moonstar… :laughing:

You should go there for dim sum. I’ve never tried their dinner since they specialize in hot pot at night.

Koi Palace’s dim sum is not that great - too much msg. If I don’t want to drive all the way to Richmond for Dragon Beaux I’d rather go to Riverside on Vicente. I just went there today for lunch - their egg rolls are the best I’ve had in the bay area so far.

2 Likes

Sure, DC is on the rise but it is not like the Sunset is down. The only reason why DC is on the rise is simply because it is relatively cheaper there, not actually better. People are not stupid, if DC was actually a way better place to live it would have been found out years ago. The weather is crappier and frankly there are more low end neighborhoods in DC than nice. Dream on if you think DC will eclipse the Sunset…

That’s a myth - not the case in Westlake. Like I said, there will always be naysayers. Have it your way, it’s not like I’m trying to convince you anyway since you will always be a Sunset fanboy.

Never been to king wah. Tell me more.

The new hing lung is overhyped. These kinds of restaurants are a dime a dozen in Hong Kong and somehow people think they are special. Really sad.

For congee east lake is still the best.

Don’t know about King Wah’s dinner, but their dim sum sucks.