DNA of every baby born in california is stored

What’s the big deal about the zhu family line? Just let it die already.

How on earth did they retrieve his sperm when he was in a coma??? :thinking:

Um… that’s a very heartless statement…

You haven’t read “The Selfish Gene” yet. Have you? :slight_smile:
According to the book, we are survival machines programmed by selfish genes.
We are programmed to maximize the surviving chance of selfish genes.

But we have free will and can overcome our programming.

Much of modern world’s progress comes about from the reigning in of the selfish gene. Women are no longer just breeding machines for example.

If you look at it scientifically, nothing is lost if any one particular person’s gene is not passed on. Always thinking about ones’ ancestors and the past is a huge curse and burden on eastern cultures like Chinese. Being able to break free is very liberating.

Surname of Ming dynasty :slight_smile: Frankly, with the world population at $7.7B, continuing family names doesn’t matter anymore.

I don’t think people can overcome their programming. In fact, everything that we do is affected by genetics.

1 Like

The reason I became interested in “The selfish gene” was because of below article.

It offered me the new perspective about the people who can potentially make harm on the society.
I couldn’t help feeling sorry for Samantha and her family in this story.

Then, I started to wonder how much we could overcome/improve the problems programmed by our gene with our own consciousness. More importantly, do we have the right to criticize others(like Samantha) who couldn’t overcome the issues (especially for the serious issues) triggered by gene?

Anyway, I picked the book because it gives me interesting view about this question.

1 Like

Don’t hesitate to kill any psychopaths of any age. Safety of society come FIRST. The reasons for their behavior don’t matter.

How was psychopath handled by the native Americans? Did psychopaths become animal’s food or what?

Outcome is truly great for advanced economy, declining population. Meanwhile developing economies have growing population.

Is a greedy algorithm. The local desire of passing on the genes :dna: result in the global survival of the human species.

The problem with you being “duplicated” via DNA or else is that you need a “spirit”, aka a development stage where your mirror has to go through the same events you went through in order to become you. :laughing:

I am pro getting everybody’s DNA into an FBI you name the police institution so when a crime occurs the criminal is identified “pronto”.

I watched a documentary on HBO a month ago. There are police precincts where the rape kits have been abandoned for many years, so many, 10s of thousands of them, that the statue of limitations have run off.
But, they caught this truck driver, so far, 2 women got raped. He went raping women from CA to another state on the East coast. They think, that because the rape kits haven’t been checked in the states in between, they are sure there are not only more rapes on this guy’s credit, but a dead body somewhere.