Does anyone know a huge retractable tv for the outdoor area?

I was invited to a party on the weekend. A really very nice house with a large garden and pool area. When I was sitting in the garden towards evening, a huge TV pulled out of the floor and spread out. The TV was about 200 inches diagonal. We could watch football and anyone who wanted to watch the game had a good look at the TV. Unfortunately I couldn’t ask the owner of the house what kind of TV it was. Does anyone know of such televisions that extend out of the ground and then open? I know outdoor TVs or TVs that come out of the ground or the outdoor kitchen by a mechanism, but until now I have never seen outdoor TVs that have then spread. The size was fascinating to me too. I would be of great help if you can help me. Maybe somebody has seen it before.

Search web with terms:

Multi-panel, motorized, Tv screens, projector screens

2 Likes

Of course I’ve already looked. but didn’t really find anything. Sure you can find a few motorized TVs, also for outdoor activities, but they are all much smaller. I wanted to try it here, it could well have been that such a TV was installed in the course of a property upgrade.

1 Like

These sounds incredible! How can a television rise out of the ground? Do you just mean a screen and there was a beamer behind you? I have never seen a 200 inch TV in a garden before. Does that also mean that everything is waterproof? I imagine it must be…

Found it:)
The TV is from C-Seed. I don’t know if it is allowed to post photos or videos so I prefer not to. If you want, you can watch the videos.

@notcreative Watch the Videos of the TV. It’s easier when you see it.

It is not a projector, it is a real TV where the screen can be folded up so that the opening in the floor does not have to be that big. In this “garage” the TV is protected from the weather. The TV doesn’t mind if it’s switched on and it starts to rain.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I’ve never seen anything like that before! I’ve watched one of those videos where the TV unfolds. This looks spectacular. Actually, I’m surprised by the picture quality of the TV. The videos look super sharp. Where did you get across that again? Is the quality as good as it appears on the video?

Definitely feel free to post pictures and links.

And… if you find it… the price!

1 Like

Thought you would praise C-Seed for that innovative marketing.

2 Likes

I found the video of a private person: C SEED TV installed on a superyacht - YouTube
The other videos are almost all by C-Seed itself.

This video is from a TV installed on a yacht, but of course it was the same technology at the house.

I was invited to a company party. The party was in a large property and there was this TV. Never seen that before, the party then shifted around the TV :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think people who own a giant super yacht (such as the one I saw in the video that TrealT posted) don’t care about the price of a TV, would they? They just play in other dimensions so to say… I guess that if quality, technology and design are excellent, yacht owners and so would want to buy such a TV… And I have to admit that this device is really spectacular…which certainly not everyone has in his garden or yacht… And of course, it must be a real eye-catcher at a house party…I just wonder how it is possible to ensure such good quality for a foldable television… so far I have only heard from foldable smartphones…is it the same technology?

1 Like

If you watch the television alone, you have to say that it looks very good. I would get it for me too if I could. But you can also see it as an investment. With a television like this, the value of a house increases just as much as if you were building a pool. With a yacht I don’t know what is important, but even such a special gimmick will increase the value. Just like a whirlpool or a helicopter landing pad would.

I don’t think it’s the same technology as foldable smartphones. The screen on the TV is always straight and doesn’t bend. The various panels rotate to make a larger screen. The individual panels are not folded.

1 Like

Well, it’s obvious that with such a mega TV you also have to make sure that the design is pleasant. The manufacturers definitely wanted to make sure that the design is as catchy as the TV itself… :wink: But I have to agree with you that the value of a house with such a TV would definitely increase. I also can’t imagine that many houses have such a foldable TV – hidden in the floor, above all … that’s something special and that will surely be an eye catcher for everyone that is interested in high quality entertaining systems. Thanks as well for the explanation. Do you know if there are different models on the market or is there only one?

There are different models and sizes. How they differ apart from the size I don’t know. But you could certainly find out on their homepage. Many things are already standard today at a certain level. It is also difficult to find something that sets you apart from others. If you’re looking for something like that, a TV like this is definitely the right one. Pool, BBQ area, music equipment, … everyone has it. A normal TV is well known to everyone, this is nothing new. It’s just something you haven’t seen that often - if at all.

1 Like

that’s right… such a foldable TV is certainly something extraordinary and an eye-catcher for every house. I used to go to open air cinema pretty often when I was younger. I really liked it, especially during the warm summer nights. If you have something like that at home, you can consider yourself as very lucky, right? :wink: Do you want to buy a TV now or did you just look for some information?

I think such a huge TV from C-Seed is a step up for the whole house. I can already imagine having such a TV installed in some houses. That would certainly appeal to a few more buyers. When I think of some houses in settlements, they hardly differ. A TV like this at the end of the tour would be a highlight that is sure to leave an impression. So you would stand out from everyone else. I don´t think many people have experience with retractable and foldable TVs. I therefore see it as an investment in the houses so that I can sell them faster. Of course I would also like to have such a TV, let’s see what my wife says about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey TrealT, I agree with you on that point. Whenever possible, I also spend as much time outside as I can. Then I fire up the barbecue, mix a few drinks, swim in the pool, turn on the music and so on…but an open-air cinema is still missing, I guess… :wink: That would definitely be a nice option in the garden area, I think.
And yes, you are right. Such a foldable TV in a garden is really something special. Not everyone has that, as you say. You can also use it to “upgrade” your own property. In any case, I’m curious what you’ll say about the TV when you actually install it in your home.

You don’t have to stare at the TV all the time, but every now and then it’s nice to see how the score is :slight_smile: When the children play in the pool, they don’t really notice the TV either, but then there are situations where they sit in front of it. I don’t think a television now restricts all activity, it’s an additional option. All the better if you can’t see the TV when you’re not supposed to see it. Then it doesn’t hang somewhere on the wall or block the path. That’s why you’re a little freer there. If you don’t need it, you don’t need it and nobody notices that there is a television at all. In the spring I will take a closer look at it and also contact the manufacturer. I would like to have some first-hand information. But I am definitely interested and will certainly deal with it for a longer time :slight_smile: