does this home worth it?

Yes I saw it. Not bad. The unit is a corner unit meaning has windows at two sides. Community is pretty quite and nice. Parking is underground, right close to the unit entrance. Gated community, so safety should be ok. The area looked a bit shady though …

1 Like

I’m gonna check that one too … yes it looks like safe area to me, I was mistaken earlier.

A dumb question (since I never bought a house):
In case of condos, who owns the whole building? What are the laws? How are the decisions made? What for example if 20 years later they want to demolish the condo and build a new one?

You own your unit and have a fractional ownership interest in the land. The HOA has a ton of power to pass rules that everyone has to follow. You can get a copy of HOA rules before you decide to buy.

Someone would have to buy out all owners to demolish the building and build something new.

2 Likes

Really old condos are high risk. When they go past their expiration time, owners will flake out, tenant quality will go down and the buildings will become derelict. At some point they will either fall down or be torn down. Condos mostly didn’t exist before 1970. Some are now basically at the tear down stage. Especially in Tahoe. Tons of cheap T-111 crap shacks with tiny rooms with no garages. They should all be torn down and replaced with modern mid rise. Won’t happen. Beware of 50 year old plus condos and town houses. All systems are obsolete and will incur high maintenance fees.

My buddy is remodeling a 40 year old one now. Total gut job inside. Still stuck with a three story town house with a crappy floor plan

2 Likes

Guys, any idea about this one? Much appreciated.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/1883-Agnew-Rd-95054/unit-252/home/12181194

1 Like

In my view, You will have multiple bids for this, not easy to get as this is new building and in main place.

1 Like

The location is better.

1 Like

But don’t let that scare you away from putting in a bid if you like it.

3 Likes

These units used to go for 850k till late last year. Definitely a better place if you can get under 800k.

Small caveat: that agnew rd has some shady spots very near the complex, where there is low income housing project.

2 Likes

I haven’t visited the place yet. But I have a feeling that it has a lot of airplane noise. Correct me if I’m wrong. It is indeed inline with the fly path

1 Like