does this home worth it?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/2250-Monroe-St-95050/unit-207/home/1220949

1 Like

Welcome, Alex. Let’s see what the Santa Clara County experts have to say…

1 Like

While we are waiting for the real experts, here are a few discussion points. Do you plan to hold more than five years? If so, it is worth it according to “online calculator”. Less time if paying all cash, about three years. The calculator is from Zillow but I adjusted for hoa and for it being an investment property not live-in. I am familiar with the area, it’s a busy area, pretty clean other than a bit o’the smog and it is safe and desirable.

1 Like

Surprised it hasn’t sold yet. Does seem like a good price, but not so great schools.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. Yes I’m planning to stay more than five years or so, that shouldn’t be an issue. I’m a single young tech professional and I’m planning also to rent one of the rooms for a while as well. I’m gonna visit the place soon. What I don;t like the most about the place is the HOA, it’s a bit high. Unfortunately my budget is far less than buying a SFH …

1 Like

I don’t care much about the schools, I’m far from that level currently

Find out what the HOA includes. If that includes water, sewer, and trash, then it’s not bad. Paying for those separately would be about half the HOA fee.

2 Likes

IMO, this is a much better deal for the same price.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/972-Kiely-Blvd-95051/unit-F/home/1578033

It’s literally surrounded by green space and steps away from restaurants on Homestead.

3 Likes

yes. Will check once I visit.

will check it out. However, I don’t prefer that area. It’s not the safest place in the area.

The Bay Area is gentrifying. Less safe (but not too unsafe areas) will become safer and the values go up.

East Palo Alto was a steal back in 2009. Houses were $250K, but things weren’t too safe. Now they’re $1M+ and they recently said it was the first year without a murder (or half year?).

1 Like

Perhaps you don’t want to live out of the city center but if it were me I might look in the Felton area. It’s far from most jobs but there are some nice aspects as well.

yeah, but it’s too far from my work unfortunately

HOA includes water garbage, etc. The only bill to pay is electricity, and the agent said it is cheaper than PG, because it is another company (something like silicon valley energy co)
The deal is not bad. place is nice and safe, a lot of gates. Underground parking. I liked it.

2 Likes

Santa Clara does have it’s own electric utility. That HOA isn’t bad, since it includes so many utilities. I think Santa Clara will continue to gentrify with the stadium, related projects, and proximity to Apple campus.

2 Likes

Must come with a curse…

Seriously, though. Did you go see it? Anything you noticed wrong with it?

1 Like

Interesting. I thought that area (near central park) is among the safer areas in Santa Clara (along with Laurelwood elementary).

The area in your original link can get shady. But its closer to companies like Nvidia intel etc, so there’s that.

1 Like

Santa Clara gets sv power as electricity and is subsidized by intel. I was used to paying 1/2 of my neighbors as I was on the border of sc and sj.

1 Like

This is definitely better deal than Monroe unit. You have a chance to get one more bed with additional sqft.

1 Like

Airport… Did anyone consider noise (polution) … Airport… oh, my… I visited my friend whi lives near by SFO… I do understand that San Jose airport is smaller and :airplane: are smaller … but still…

1 Like