Dropbox Engineer: Why you shouldn’t buy a home in the Bay Area right now

sure. Let’s go with that. it’s fine.

Just repeal property tax and everyone pays for what he uses with income tax and sales tax. Fair?

It’s radical some-ism to equate rent payment with property tax payment. Do you get a free house with zero principal and zero interest payment?

Why does the renter get rent control but buyers have no control on down payment and monthly payment?

Now I understand why democracy will rotten every country. Maybe we should limit democracy since it won’t work

1 Like

Plenty of countries with no property tax.

2 Likes

I already gave you a blueprint how to do this. Old people and people with no kids can’t vote. Done.

Define above carefully :slight_smile:
Kids not staying with you count or not?
Kids above 18 years old count or not?
Adopted kids count or not?

Senior? Adults above 65 years old?

1 Like

In the constitution, it was originally limited to only tax payers could vote. They knew letting non-tax payers vote would lead to disaster. With $19T in debt, we’ve reached that disaster.

1 Like

:+1:

If non-tax payers can vote, the tendency is to vote for no tax for their profile :joy:

Btw, you’re referring to those who pay personal income tax, right?

Originally the only tax was on property, so only land owners could vote. Income tax wasn’t until 1913.

If you let non-tax payers vote, they’ll of course vote for higher taxes on the tax payers. They’ll also vote for more “free” stuff, since they don’t have to pay taxes for it.

2 Likes

It worked so great that we fought a civil war.

Uhm… over slavery… non-sequitor?

1 Like

I’m all for that. And then people without kids also shouldn’t have a say in any school related policies.

People who couldn’t resolve conflicts within political system fought without. If slaves could vote they wouldn’t be slaves (obviously).

Not necessarily, they could still be slaves as long as they were not the majority.

1 Like

Landlord is the new slaves.

A low income and low educated landlady is required to provide lifetime low rent to this rich Dropbox engineer who is rich and intelligent and able to run highly sophisticated rent-v-own analysis. The landlordlady may have a 90 year old mother who needs housing badly. What a slavery system of rent control!

2 Likes

dramatizing much?

It’s the reality in SF, Berkeley and Oakland. Mountain View rent control slavery system may be 20 to 30 years away. Non-property tax paying renters will vote and vote and make the super minority landlord into slavery even in Montain View.

We should have a law to ban renters and landlords from voting on rent control due to conflict of interest. Only non-renter and non-landlord can vote on rent control issues.

Only people with property can vote

MTV has rent control as of 2 years ago or so in multifams.

Do i get to vote more than one if i have multiple properties?

Give your rentals to me and be a free man. I don’t mind the burden. :smile:

2 Likes