Any Alameda County resident more familiar with this?
I had no idea we voted for this. It looks like all residents will transitioned over on November 1. At first I thought this would cost more but their base service claim to cost less than PG&E. We do get to opt out, opt down, or opt up (more renewable). Thoughts?
- Bright Choice is our standard electric service.
- Most residents will automatically enroll as Bright Choice customers.
- Bright Choice offers cleaner energy and lower rates than PG&E.
- Your electricity will come from more renewable sources with lower carbon content than PG&E without having to pay more.
- Brilliant 100 is for those who want to double down for the environment and power their home with 100% carbon-free energy.
- Residential customers within the cities of Albany and Hayward will be automatically enrolled in Brilliant 100 at the start of service. Customers within Piedmont who participate in CARE, FERA, or Medical Baseline programs will also be automatically enrolled in this service.
- Brilliant 100 is offered at the same price you already pay with PG&E.
- Renewable 100 is for those who want to do even more for the environment and power their home with 100% renewable and carbon-free energy.
- Residential customers within Piedmont will be automatically enrolled in Renewable 100 at the start of service.
- Renewable 100 is offered for just a bit more than you pay with PG&E (about $4 more per month for the average customer).