Engine 44 Firehouse in Noe

That’s a value buy. Better than any $2M home in Sunset or Richmond. Only 1 million extra…

Yes, if you have the moola for some rehabbing granted too though. But to say you live in St. Francis Wood would be priceless, no?

I don’t like to show off like that. I care more about value. It’s better to own something in Sunset free and clear than to own something in St Francis Wood with a $2M mortgage.

You have to admit, it impresses the ladies (or boys if you swing that way)…

Man, I highly doubt someone would buy in St Francis Wood (or any really ritzy neighborhood) with a full say 25% down loan attached. You know dirty money was essentially washed via this route…:slight_smile:

I thought you don’t like paying HOA?

I say Noe impresses more millennial ladies than SFW. It’s selling at a discount to Noe for a reason.

Ok, why would anyone honestly care to impress/want a millennial lady who doesn’t exactly “know the neighborhood” when you could have a slightly older person who def knows her way around the block??? Think Mrs. Robinson…oh yes…

(No offense to our Ms. Harriet of course…)

Engine 44 just went pending. We will soon find out how much the lucky buyer paid.

1 Like

Wow, there is just folks with gobs of dough and they don’t know what to do with it!!!

1 Like

How about just show her (or him) your multi-million dollar bank account? Saves time and money!

I did my research, the last couple homes sold in SFW were purchased using all cash. Yes, people do have lots of money…

Yeah, that just makes sense. No one in his/her right mind would buy in such a ritzy, swanky neighborhood with bare bones financing…and the seller probably would be leery anyway or will have another buyer with more cash. The world of real estate is hard and cold and good stuff only comes to those who are well heeled and fortunate.

Found one where the buyers put down 35%…

So not everyone is filthy rich…

And this one is 25% down…

Uh, that equates to $700K CASH to just pluck down on a home that may or may not be really needed… You, my friend, definitely swim in a pool that I am not allowed access to…:slight_smile:

If I had the money, I would’ve bought that place, I like unique things. Poor but happy, sleeping with the dog sometimes…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agree, totally cool place to crash and call home. Hate the occasional knock in the middle of the night about a fire or someone choking to death though…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I like SFW more than Noe.

SFW is 10x classier than Noe Valley. Unfortunately it is not the neighborhood where the hot money is…

Sold for 5.3M, that’s 400K under asking. And 200K less than the sale price in 2013.

Bummer.

Moral of the story: stick with the middle-of-the-pack 3M houses in Noe and you’ll be fine. Ultra high end is volatile.

Moral of the story: always buy the cheapest home in the neighborhood.

1 Like

Come on, this is not worth 5.3M even. The seller should be in church tomorrow to thank The Big Guy that he/she only lost 200k. This may be cool, but realistically it takes a special kind of buyer who would want this for their actual home and so you are not going to get massive bidding/interest on this (at this price level especially). Trust me, never go against the killer 4’s…

I don’t think the seller cares. These are people with extremely deep pockets. Their net worth is hundreds of millions. I bet the seller could have donated that house to charity and could care less.