Everything About Rent Control

If it passes in LA, it’ll come to the entire CA.

It says the proposal was modeled after similar legislation passed in Oakland, but when I clicked on the link for Oakland, the Oakland one only covers criminal history. The LA proposal also forbids landlords from asking about eviction and credit history, which is fundamentally different from criminal history only.

Pretty soon companies in CA can’t ask for academic results and previous experience for jobs.

1 Like

We really need the wtf icon for these posts (not your reply :))
If this crap legislation passes, I am out of landlording in CA. My kids make me get grey hair as-is, I don’t want to become senile dealing with ahole tenants.

Why bother with it even today? Are that returns that much better than just dumping all into a S&P fund and calling it a day? No hassle, no stress. That’s worth something right?

1 Like

Go to forewarn.com. This is all public information. The City of LA is not Putin. They can’t abolish public information or the internet.
This website is available for $20/m. And is free to realtors in Tahoe. The bad guys need to be identified. Especially for people dealing with strangers all the time. A realtor was murdered showing a house in Nevada. We the law abiding public need all the information we can get. All you need is their full name and phone number. Sometimes just name and address will work.

Rent-Control Measures Are Back as Home Rents Reach New Highs

Laws on how much landlords can raise prices are debated in more than a dozen states

Landlords like @caiguycaiguy are financially savvy so can absorb increased property tax increase and maintenance and repair costs of the rentals without raising rent much :grinning: For those who can’t manage well, should unload their properties, otherwise it would end up like Marchionna in…

Hotel California

Similar sentiment in Bay/Cali

Liquidate property and eave.

2 Likes

Here is the first 5 pages of the amicus brief. GO CAA and SFAA!

Last 4 pages of the amicus brief. Sorry, I couldn’t upload a pdf.

1 Like

Thanks. tl;dr

Hi aalj,

Long time, no chat. What up? If I remember correctly, were you the one “high” on lower Nob Hill too or Chinatown outskirts?

Hi @sfdragonboy! I think that neighborhood has a lot of potential, but my time horizon is not sufficiently long enough to appreciate it.:rofl: :slight_smile:

1 Like