Everything About Rent Control

AIDS Helathcare Foundation is a slumlord?

Hope you guys do your part.

1 Like

Thank you for flagging. I’ll do my part.

Is there a link to send a comment on the bill to the senate?

1 Like

I usually just use the Contact page on their site. Also called before.

Squeaky wheel gets some grease?

https://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

Maybe we should have CA voters decide on every pricing decision by any business?

I mean, what could go wrong?

1 Like

Welcome back Tom!

Took a summer break from us? :joy:

Nah. I monitor on occasion. Always seem to be busy with something else. Or, just lazy.

Besides, my inbox overflows with things for me to read. So, I have to wade through that. Or, stop reading internet BS. :thinking:

Lately, I’ve been getting quotes for long delayed home projects. For the first time, I’m saying I won’t do it myself and biting the bullet to let someone else do it. The kinds of prices I’m getting are shocking the hell out of me.

I guess I am really getting old now. :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/southeast-l-a-county-cities-enact-rent-control-to-keep-residents-housed/ar-AA1ffH2H

As rents and evictions rise across the country, more cities and states debate rent control (msn.com)

This is a Big deal.

:clap:

1 Like
1 Like

Wow! Just wow on the stupidity of left commies! This comment is gold:

I’m a NYC landlord. These new rent laws are absurd. I have a 3 bedroom apartment in Manhattan - it has now been sitting vacant for over 3 years. The previous tenant lived there for 80 years. Now that the apartment is vacant it needs over $100k to renovate it and bring it to code. But… the law says I can’t rent it for more than $500/month.

2 Likes

Aaaaaand, didn’t NY just join the anti Airbnb crowd???

2 Likes

Yet amazingly Airbnb stock is up 80% in a year.

Perhaps, but many jurisdictions are saying no to Airbnb. Even my Penang, Malaysia said no recently. Man, that would suck if you bought a place or two for that purpose.