Everything On Solar Panels

You are def right there, the battery storage system is key and I plan to get one too. And let’s be honest, still need PG&E for gas stuff. Now if one can go completely electric, so off the grid, good for them.

A neighbor in Eldorado County went fully off the grid. $50k for a 3500sf house.

Well, there are some companies providing gas to you. Except that by some tax thingy they create the companies to take the gas from PG&E and then sell it to you, cheaper, they say. :laughing:

Battery it what would be the future of everything, no more waste of energy. But, whoever invents one of them, will be put to sleep.

Going of the grid is for those living in rural areas. And, I bet the provider is not PG&E.

See, still pricey unfortunately… Again, that is why more competition in the industry is a good thing.

What has been selling solar is the tax incentives, going away pretty soon.

Maybe Gavin will do something about that…

Tax is federal.

I heard he mentioned solar in his budget proposal, but you know who are the guys not commenting about it, right? :wink:

There are companies out there so desperate to take your money.

We got one giving us a package for miserable $65 a month we spent on energy.

We asked them to give us a quote with 3 more solar panels than required just in case for the future needs of an electric car. No more than 3 panels we can add, they said.

Our monthly bill would be $100 every month for the first year, and 3% annually increase every year.

Wifey said no.

Panels are only $150… used to be $1000. Build your own system.
I have a friend who builds commercial solar systems. He can build his own off grid battery backed system for $20k

Agreed, the packages that are being offered don’t seem to make it worth it just yet. I still think buying the system (when it comes down far enough) and yes if we had a helping hand with the fed/state taxes that would bring the masses…maybe.

Did you pay for the system? No lease?
If leasing it will give repairs and what not. Owned? you are on your own.

Right, so that scare job about repairs is part of the selling right? Come on, it is a freaking piece of strong glass on your roof. What is going to happen to it? Ok, a bird drops a massive piece of sheeet and cracks it. Well, tough luck…:grinning:

:laughing::laughing:
Of course!
Now you know about selling 101

1 Like

Look, more competition drives the pricing down and then you have more adopters which then further fuels the market for it and so on and so on… we don’t want a monopoly on this stuff.

Prices are down. Inverters and panels are cheap. Batteries still expensive

https://www.wholesalesolar.com/solar-panels

Good to know… you thinking about it to power up that jacuzzi???

I want to put solar on my farm. It is in PGE territory. I have propane. So if I go off grid I don’t have to deal with them at all.

1 Like

Even if you live in a foggy area a solar system will produce good results. I installed a solar system in 2010 — I am in the Sunset (which can get foggy.) We are on a PGE Time of Use Rate Plan. The system, after rebates and tax credits, if I recall, was around 25K USD. At the time, I figured I’d rather put $$ towards solar rather than having a fancier car.

Anyways, we have 9 years of data now. Even with our older system that uses one main inverter (as opposed to newer micro inverters) and with our older panels (230 watt panels), we don’t pay for electricity. At the end of our yearly true up period, we get somewhere around $200 dollars back from PGE because we overproduce.

And, for SF, we have a big house with lots of electricity consuming lights/ovens/tech.

1 Like

Have you saved $25k in energy? Around $200/m in 9 years.