Everything On Solar Panels

Orchard and a vineyard. Tax write off. Produces about 1000 bottles a year.

Then put in the solar as a business “property and equipment” and then depreciate it!!!

Thanks to Trump I wrote off a new roof last year . can depreciate solar the first year of service.

1 Like

bonus depreciation is the best. :+1:

1 Like

Fun wind read

A Green Economy Grows in Denmark

Denmark’s second-biggest city is home to the world’s biggest wind-turbine maker and a thriving hub for power trading.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-08-10/a-green-economy-grows-in-denmark

1 Like

Is the tax credit still there for solar? I thought it was going away this year.

still there. but it’s being phased out over the next few years.

Do I need to buy by end of 2019 or do I have time… So much else I’m trying to work on for the house.

You need to probably get it ordered in the next couple of weeks. It has to be in service before the end of the year to qualify for the credit (iirc). The solar companies will walk you through it. Reason is we are heading into fall and the roofers are all going to get busy. They probably already have a pipeline of work for the next few months and you don’t want to be mucking around on your roof when the rain starts

1 Like

ooooof…

Don’t do it. If you don’t own the panels, it’s a mess every time you finance the house and when you sell the house.

1 Like

$50/m seems high. Not saving much if we did that.

Would this make sense for a rental property with shared electric ? There is one bill and it’s divided by number of tenants.

That’s a good reminder that all new construction in California will require solar panels starting 2020.

1 Like

In my book, anything that is green, clean, and eco-friendly is a plus. The direction in which Tesla took it really surprised me. If the biggest problem homeowners had with solar panels was the bulky aspect, well … Tesla obliterated that argument. I mean those shingles look amazing.

The only thing people can still complain about is the financial aspect. Yes, the innovative solution for solar roof technology that Tesla presents won’t be a viable option for those that have a house with a good roof that were thinking of transitioning to solar energy, at least not financially. But, as the company promotes it, it is ideal for those that either want to replace their roof and go solar or, for those that are building a house from the ground up.

1 Like

Can’t wait for Tesla to buy broken down energy utilities in a few years.