Facebook bombed. Anyone buying?

Just like elt1, you won’t buy regardless. Too scared of tech stocks.
Clearly FB is overvalued going into earning, market has to decide a new value given slowing operating margin and MAUs. Your assessment of FB should be whether new business like Instagram and WhatsApp would make up for the slowing revenue/ MAUs of FB.

During the last scare, I sold both amzn and fb. But only bought back amzn.

Will tomorrow be worse than the last scare? I feel that amzn is not correlated to fb

Today is the craziest day ever. Was up 6 digits and then down 6 digits. :smile:

This news is worse than trade war news.

Is it a company specific issue or a broad issue? Let’s watch tomorrow

Oh, at this rate, you can earn or lose a google salary in one week. Potentially you can earn 52 google salaries a year, with exponential growth potential.

1 Like

min $200k swing! $500k swing???

Might be a company specific issue. Tomorrow is a good day to buy other stocks

I keep violating my first rule of trading. Never buy into fucking earnings…

1 Like

Bought too much options? Stock can be held and wait for the bounce

Professionals normally hedge into earning. Earning is too unpredictable.
Since I’m an amateur, don’t hedge. Buy n hold shares anyway, is ok. Just lost a huge chunk on paper.

There has been very few earnings bomb in the last 5 years. Need to watch if this is a trend or random event

1 Like

I just placed a buy order (we will see if it fills) for FB after hours. I was kicking myself for exiting too early in the 180s. But 170s is too low for FB.

2 Likes

I was a little surprised that GOOG gained a little for such a huge beat. So might not be good going forward, market is weary of the effect of trade war. Going conservative, move away from risk.

Thought was $200s. $180s is too low.

Could be the first bomb. We may see more and more bombs in the next quarters.

Need to sell stocks and buy houses where there’s no prop 10

I listen to wifey. She’s ex FB-er. Only spent a short time there, but she believes in the company and was annoyed I sold FB without telling her. So this is my chance to redeem myself

3 Likes

FB now seems likely to test March lows of 150 in coming days.

So we know now you have been sleeping on the couch for the last two months. :smile:

I have been holsing options since their cambridge analytica thing. Paid handsomely, until… Today.

Lol. Filled at 173.50. Let’s see how tomorrow goes to see if I am going to regret trading after hours

2 Likes