Facebook bombed. Anyone buying?

Going into earnings, I usually:

1. Sell my options and buy replacements with only the profit
  2. Sell OOM options as a hedge
2 Likes

After hours trades seems to be mostly small volume trade, probably mostly amateurs.

I also gambled on the earnings specifically. That turned out crap.

I am betting on recovery, options have a bit more time.

ouch FB is dragging everyone down AHā€¦

Is it the beginning of the end of web2.0?

Overreaction. I didnā€™t really understand why FB and GOOG core business is so successful until wifey sat me down and explained it to me. I am an old school tech guy. I deal with hardware. Sheā€™s new school tech and a software person. Itā€™s been a learning experience to understand why GOOG and FB works

FB is a @wuqijun buy and hold forever strategy if you can get it at this price

1 Like

Ask her whether the story has changed. Or in your opinion, has anything changed? Market is fairly fast in understanding the change. We might not understand or aware yet.

Dunno. But market is also over-reacting to everything the last couple of months. The political climate and the late stage bull market is making everything volatile. The only other stock I purchased in the last month was AVGO which also seemed to have been dumped from overreaction. And after 2 weeks, it has nicely recovered and was running back up. Not sure if FB will stall itā€™s recovery. Take it for what itā€™s worth. I am bad at buying stocks and stayed out of the market for years. I am back in now, but only buying companies I am familiar with (but I am not an insider with any of them)

I got it at $38. Will not buy more nor will I sell.

I know. Not all of us were smart enough to buy at that price. I think this is still a good price to buy for the long term

Upside is limited at this price. You wonā€™t get rich to buy a 600B company. Itā€™s hard to doubt and easy to halve

Late stage bull market tends to be volatile. Some use that to start reducing their exposure regularly, is a good idea in the long term.

I will bet a dim sum lunch that FB will double by the next bull market (not the current one). so if you look at 5-10 year horizon, there is a doubling there

Full Disclosure - I will sell FB (probably) if it hits the 200s again. I donā€™t want to keep anything long term in the current market (unless wifey tells me to hold on to it)

Doubling in 10 years would be so mediocre that itā€™s not worth it

1 Like

If you have to wait that long to double thatā€™s not a very good return.

1 Like

FANG stocks have driven a lot of the stock market upside and RSU ā€œfuture incomeā€

not good

1 Like

Agreed. Hence I edited my earlier post. I will (likely) sell out once it recovers. This correction in their price is overdone.

How many folds do you want? Over a decade, double is almost pretty sure, could get a 2 double, may be triple. Inflation would ensure that.

I expect too much from stocks so I donā€™t buy much :rofl:

1 Like

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: This thread demonstrates how social networks operate(anonymous & semi social unlike FB)

1 Like