FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Longest bull recently 1982-2000

2 Likes

At least wait for a breakdown in the technicals before you go short. Shorting while the technicals are strong is just foolish. You don’t need to catch the beginning of the downturn to make a ton of money on it. However, being early can cause you to lose a fortune.

May be he saw technical breakdowns.

Never short anything. Will do you no good. I am a diehard skeptic of cryptocurrencies but even I wouldn’t short bitcoin. Just long your favorite assets. Plain and simple.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call that a technical breakdown. It tested the 50-day and held. I wouldn’t consider it a breakdown until 50-day crosses 200-day (death cross). That’s holding the uptrend every time it’s tested. That’s a great pattern to stay long or even get more long.

200-day not 50-day. 50-day didn’t hold.

It did happen in Apr 2016 :smiley:

Craps players hate those who play the don’t passline

1 Like

It barely crossed for a day or two? It’s hard to tell with how small the chart is. I’d hardly jump to short something on that. I wonder if it had a weekly close below it?

Frankly no idea why he shorted AMZN :smiley: There is really no technical breakdown… guess he is trying to jump the gun.

1 Like

Since Aug 28,

F10 … .+21.75% :face_with_raised_eyebrow: new ATH
AAPL…+10.52% :grinning: new ATH
TSLA…+1.26% :roll_eyes: Incredible recovery, did wuqijun jabs Elon like a beetle?
TCEHY…+40.51% :star_struck: Overtook AMZN 36.84%
mCap…-11.08% :persevere: recovering
sCap… +10.31% :slightly_smiling_face: new ATH. Past 10% for the first time

Market reverses early morning gain because of wider loss in GE, and below consensus sales forecast by TI. Market smells trouble ahead.

1 Like

Is TI representative of the hot trends in tech? GE is a mess.

1 Like

Now you tell me!

Since Aug 28,

F10 … .+29.31% :face_with_raised_eyebrow: new ATH, incredible momentum
AAPL…+6.22% :disappointed_relieved::sweat: BTIG slams AAPL.
TSLA…-0.81% :roll_eyes: back to negative zone
NFLX…+64.11% :star_struck: took the reins from AMZN 48.21% and TCEHY 47.18%
mCap…-9.10% :persevere: recovering
sCap… +12.85% :grinning: overtook AAPL but lag further behind F10

I sold my AAPL today. I still think they’ll grow, but I think others will grow faster.

Selling AAPL and buy what?

I added to UBNT, NTNX, VEEV, and SHOP. They’re return is 3x AAPL the last 5 months.

1 Like

Can’t add any more to VEEV… planned size already.
Fully regretted in selling UBNT and SHOP, now wonder I should bite the bullet and buy back after 10% appreciation from sold price. I think I will go the route of long calls (LEAPS) rather than underlying… go aggressive to catch up :slight_smile: NTNX seems to be weakening… hopefully :slight_smile: sold 300 shares, left with 300 shares… not another regret, please.

1 Like

2mrw earning: AMZN, GOOG, AAPL, BABA

Anyone game to trade the earning? Short or long?

Today is FB and MSFT. Long or short?