FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Companies, during expansion phase, will not make profit until they become big and growth is streamlined. If Elon or other CEOs are expanding over decades, they will not result in profit.

Same way AMZN or TSLA goes to new takeovers (like SCTY) or factory expansion or additional borrow that results less profit or loss. Since AVGO gets in to higher profitability, he was trying to take either QCOM or CA.

The stock value goes up by expansion, by additional book value, revenue but not real profit for tax purposes.

1 Like

Below $1T market cap are not big companies, so zero corporate tax?

**[quote=“hanera, post:1128, topic:2868, full:true”]

Below $1T market cap are not big companies, so zero corporate tax?
[/quote]

Remember, Trump also filed huge loss so that he does not pay tax for life !

It is up to the driver of the company and major share holders greediness to decide !

FANG morphing into AMAA?

Facebook: Now That The Dust Has Settled…, no new facts, new ways of saying :slight_smile:

I always knew that Facebook would not grow at 40%-50% in perpetuity. At its present valuation, I feel confident the price is worth the new - but lower - expected growth rate.

The valuation is compelling, the balance sheet is clean, and the growth is still there.

Last, I think a bet on Facebook’s stock is not just a bet on the social network itself but on one of humanity’s technological visionaries and the company’s role in our technological future.

What’s more, I will go out on a limb and say something that was not said in the conference call: Facebook will never, ever get back to the 50% year over year revenue growth, and probably will not see sustained growth over 40%.

Facebook has bolted on other social networking applications such as Instagram and WhatsApp, but that’s just the start. Facebook is moving into content streaming, having inked a massive Premier Soccer League deal, is beginning to dabble in the online dating world, is investing in AI research, and purchased the Oculus Rift developer to join the VR wave. With its $45 billion war chest, it’s in a position to continue to place these bets.

Assuming 30% sustainable revenue growth over 10 years, is P/E(ttm) = 28.44 and P/E(fwd) = 21.99 reasonable?

P/S = 10.94 (c/f Apple 3.92) and ROE = 26.14% (c/f Apple 45.37%)

Facebook will never see 50% revenue growth again? Are you or the author willing to take a dim sum bet?

You are feeling the same heat as wuqijun when TSLA is attacked :grinning: I don’t include myself because I only correct incorrect assertions and don’t challenge opinions :slight_smile:

Why do you want to open another bet with me when the first bet is not over :slight_smile: 4 more years to go! Is implicit in the bet that FB would be growing very fast, otherwise you can’t win. So is a redundant bet.

Apple: @hanera = Tesla: @wuqijun = Facebook: @manch

:smile:

1 Like

Wait… I have all 3!!! :rofl:

Not necessarily. What if Facebook crashed and burned for a year or two and then rises again like a phoenix and delivers a 50% YoY rev growth the following year?

Whenever someone say the world never without reasons or qualifications that just doesn’t sit right with me.

Sit left then :slight_smile:

Four years would have past :wink: You lose!

Btw, I am accumulating FB slowly for the 2nd part of what the author said.

So if I have this second bet I will come out even.

Why should I give you two ways to win?

Because you are a generous man? :smile:

Opinion: These 5 tech stocks are in a dot-com-like bubble (and they aren’t all FAANGs)

No macro-bubble. AMZN, NFLX, CRM, TSLA and SPOT are in micro-bubble.

They share a few key characteristics:

• Low or negative return on invested capital (ROIC) and free cash flow

• Unrealistically high valuations: all 10 companies either have negative economic book values, or they have a PEBV above 20

• Expectations that they achieve heretofore unseen dominant market shares

Note that bubble can last years. So is too risky to short them. You would end up like Einhorn.

Investors that want to bet against these micro-bubble stocks can short them directly, but that can be expensive and risky for these momentum-driven companies. As the saying goes, the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

Opinion:

There’s no macro-recession. But both Aapl and bidu are so undervalued that they are in a micro-depression. When Amzn, Nflx, and Tsla pop like a balloon, they will simultaneously blow up into a huge gigantic galaxy :rofl:

AMZN has been in bubble for 20 years. Stay away. Give all your shares to me. :smile:

1 Like

Tsla has also been in a bubble for 10 years. Stay away! Give all your shares to me!!! :rofl:

10c is coming back to life.

2 Likes

Too early, could be technical re-bound due to oversold, need to be above 200-day SMA.

9f1622e8db431f381a388ddbe4c0cd3cedb4a7ce_1_375x500