Fed panicked: cuts rate to 0, and launches QE

I have the same issue, where to park?

I purchased NLY & OXY less than 0.5% of my portfolio as a token buy, but scared to add more.

I do not want to miss my profit so far this year I made. I feel like keeping it in cash until VIX permanently settles to less than 40. As long as VIX at high level, market will be volatile.

During recession period, my friends already called out “Keep it in cash” or “Cash is the king during recession”.

+1, collecting interest at the bank, pretty good 2k a month income. wait till things settles and all in

What are odds of breaking the bank on money market mutual funds? Happened to one in 2008.

Year 2008 was sub-prime introduced financial disaster, more than 250 banks filed bankruptcy. We do not know how many banks will have similar situation now.

I am just parking with money market with Fidelity or Merrill believing big companies won’t fall, and easy to get in when we find bottom.

maybe soon to have lot of foreclosure we can buy

I have had Fidelity for 20 years

1 Like

We will not see foreclosures until mass lay offs start which has little long way to go. But this recession is not a tech recession and is not going affect bay area at high scale, only domino effect will be there.

Some manufacturing related sales (like intel, apple…etc) may get hit one or two qtrs, but all other service oriented software/tech company may resort to pre-emptive lay off and will recover soon.

Oil, airlines, hotels, retail stores malls, restaurants, tourism, transport,credit defaults…etc get hits.

Real estate, Cars, Tech are domino impact.

These are pure guess work, no back up data.

I have many brokers, but fidelity is the best and keeping max with fidelity, then merill (for easy transfer to bank of america).

Not going to buy anymore RE. I bet the collector car market tanks big time. Who would buy a dust collecting garage queen in this market?

2 Likes

This is equivalent to $2.4M :scream: at 1% pa. Too much info :roll_eyes:

1 Like

more than 1% dude. what bank you got so suck?

1 Like

You wanted a dummy in the white house, how you like him now?

Remember, everything is a hoax when it comes to face the music. He is as clueless as a clown.