Flip Financing Example

LTV for folks with a good record is around 60-65%. You can equate that to nearly zero for prime areas. The only thing better would be if the loan was insured.

There are traders on here who believe they can generate 10% consistently? How did they perform during an extended downturn.

Just curiousā€¦ I like to know about different things.
BYW, 8% return is very good if itā€™s truly low risk.

1 Like

A good rhetorical or whatever mathematic question:

If you invested $360K, say $1K a month during 30 years, and at the end, retirement age, you get a return of $360K a year for 30 years or until you die, free an clear, no uncle Sam involved, would you do it?

OK, in real estate terminology. You buy a house worth $720K, would that give you $150K a year return at the end of the last mortgage payment (30 years)?

Caveat: No risk of your money involved.

Use your calculators! Einsteins welcome to use their skillsā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Umm. Your two scanarios arenā€™t even close to even. You need to stop using made up numbers.

My apologies, yes, of course they are made up numbers. This can be dialed up by age and length of time putting (investing) that money. Have you heard of compound interests?

Yes and I can actually calculate the impact of it instead of completely making up numbers.

I gave you the coordinates. Tell me how much you come up with.

$1k/mo would get you about $1.4M after 30 years at 7% interest. If you donā€™t touch principle, youā€™d get an income of $89k/yr at the same 7%. So youā€™re example of $360k/yr income from it is a bit crazy.