For Rent < For Sale in Austin

I thought in South Bay, only certain two story houses and those on the slope are affected. All others are ok, shake a little for a minute or so.

Wrong, the 1906 Earthquake’s epicenter was like 2 miles west in the Pacific Ocean. I am saying if the epicenter is literally here in the Fab 7x7 those buildings in Chinatown do not stand a chance.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/events/1906calif/virtualtour/earthquake.php

Um… yes but I’m sure the millennium tower would be the first to go…

1 Like

Doubtful. Texas is very big. I think the suburbs outside of Houston may be selling at a discount. So to use @Elt1’s strategy look closer to Houston but not Houston. The whole city of Houston has an incline less than that of a bathtub. Climate change is real.

God, an awful lot of money can be made here (Bay Area, Sacto, etc), why deal with this type of scenario every freaking year or so??? Like clockwork…always coming…

Could wind up in Jersey though. Remember Sandy?

No doubt, but if you live down there the threat is there all the time every year. Who wants to live like that?

I am selling in Texas…But my point was if you are a Teaxs fan, now is a good time to buy…There was a 500 year flood…Anywhere that was not flooded is pretty safe…Austin is unique and has hilly areas…But Texans always overbuild…Hard to get great long term appreciation. …Many are saying Texas will have 50m people by 2050…so there will be investment opportunities. …just not for me

1 Like

Buy when there is mud in the streets…Same as stock adage, except mixed metaphor
There is a high water line throughout Houston…Buy at a higher elevation…Or maybe a highrise condo…Think about all the smart buyers in the SF marina district in 1990

My buddy bought in Cabo San Jose after the hurricane, golf course house with a pool ocean view, $250k…now worth $750k in 3 years…

1 Like

This is the time to buy…Now you can tell which neighborhoods are safer from floods than others

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-harvey-20170902-story.html

1 Like

Irma is coming…then the next one…then another one

Falcon Pointe.
1 for rent vs 13 for sale.
Great for investor-landlord.
Buy reasonable, rent good.