Fremont Schools/Newark Schools

So, I gotta be honest:
Walnut creek high schools don’t appear to have much advanced math. Calc BC is it unless I’m misunderstanding the course catalog. It does look like Diablo community college has a decent selection, though, if you had a kid doing dual enrollment.

There also don’t appear to be a lot of tech jobs in WC. That would limit my options for going back to work if I want to keep my commute low to deal with kid-pickups and sick calls.

Fremont has a lot more (even Tesla!). Seems like a better choice all around if one wants to stay.

But thank you for having me look into it.

Good luck to them! I find improving schools has more to do with the willingness of the principal to make changes than involvement in the school itself, but volunteering certainly help the teachers out especially if class sizes are large, and fundraising helps get language, PE, and music classes.

Ultimately, it’s really a question of whether a kid is a good match for a school. I wish them kids that are a good match for their schools and a receptive principal when needed. The principal for our first school was just not receptive to the needs of our kids. She was a great salesperson, but didn’t care to actually solve problems.

@Terri just saw this and neighborhood is really great near there: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fremont/32864-Bluebird-Loop-94555/home/1027158

1 Like

Thanks! Will follow the house (can’t bid on it at that price right now though).

Terri, did you buy any Redfin stock today?..They had a good opening

1 Like

Not yet… I hesitate to buy stock on IPOs as the prices can drop significantly right after.