Getting advice for current home and future home

Do you know why nigerian prince scam emails contain lots of grammatical errors? They make it more human.

According to me, however, is really funny way to say “in my opinion” or simply “i think” :slight_smile:

I love talking to scammers online. In fact, I’m addicted to talking to them. It’s good mental exercise that can develop you into a tough person, because they will do everything possible to manipulate you into sending your money to them. :smile:

1 Like

wuqijun,

Your dad own me a small fortune for decades. I didn’t bother to ask him to pay me back because I am keenly aware of his situation. Now that you’ve grown up, and doing well, I believe he can well afford to pay me back what he has borrowed. I would PM you shortly about the amount and where to wire it too. Thank you for your cooperation.

Absolutely. It is the duty and honor of a good Chinese son to pay off his father’s debt. Please PM me your name, bank routing number, bank account number, and the amount he owed. I will transfer the cash right away upon receiving your information.

1 Like

He’s using western union, clearly.

Not MoneyGram? I can do both…

Silver creek has all cash buyer… speechless…
Two cash buyer and sold out. Closing 7 days.

Crying.

1 Like

It’s ok. It’s too expensive anyways. Silver creek is too far removed. I would look in WSJ instead…

You mean selling later is hard if I purchased?

Yes, absolutely. I know somebody who sold his Cupertino condo in 2005 and bought a mansion in Silver Creek to live in. 10 years later, the value of the Cupertino condo doubled, but the Silver Creek home remained at the same value :scream:

3 Likes

With 1.8-2m budget, i would look at SFH in WSJ first (preferably cupertino school district but prospect high is good too).
Then, Campbell and Cambrian Park.
Silver Creek is way too far.

5 Likes

Yes, I had many like that during 2008. But you will not get this beautiful home to settle once for all. I hate commute to Santa Clara (for James).

Similar homes in WSJ is above 2.8M or way more depending on school assigned.

I do not deny both of you about WSJ, but he will get a shack in WSJ for the amount, almost 30% construction quality (very old…I mean) of what silver creek home is. The land value in WSJ is higher than structure value in WSJ.

Campbell and Cambrian Park are best, again similar homes costs $2.25M or more.

It is between good quality building in Silver Creek or shack in WSJ.

For appreciation, any homes near by Apple or Nvidia or Google or Facebook or Netflix goes up as they get cash buyers too.

The price of the silver creek is attractive and definitely cash buyers will be there as this single story 3000 sqft large lot home, everything is premium in this home.

Similar home I lost here, 5 bids , winner is a lawyer.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1593-Cherry-Glen-Way-95125/home/1384633

2 Likes

Most important factors in real estate: location, location, location.

And Silver Creek/Evergreen does not satisfy any of these factors. Silver Creek/Evergreen is positive on house, good to average on school (depending if it is Silver Creek HS vs Evergreen HS), and negative in location (proximity to jobs). So if you really want a huge house, and willing to give up on appreciation and commute, then go for Silver Creek/Evergreen. I personally would buy a smaller house in better location.

2 Likes

Almaden valley should be consider as well.

1 Like

Un-incorporated Cambrian is the best because it falls in no city and avoids all the stupidity associated with restrictive building .

As long as you meet the setbacks , the county in n2 zone doesn’t care about the FAR.

Just submitted plans to build about 5000 sq feet homes for 2 old shacks over here .

Long term bullish on this area with close proximity to jobs ( Netflix , Roku , future google HQ , Apple )

I don’t like Almaden and evergreen …they are too far from feeewways and there is no downtown to stroll near by.

3 Likes

Should follow the big guy here :slight_smile:

Cambrian and Campbell (near by Los Gatos schools) are good for value, esp large lots. Commute is still there.

If James gets some large lots in 95117,again old homes, that is great as it reduces commute and near by companies (like apple).

Evergreen (95138) silver creek is newer home, established neighborhood. Traffic 101 hwy or 85 hwy are worst.

Almaden (95120) is old neighborhood, but schools are good. Traffic 101 hwy or 85 hwy are worst.

With all these in mind, when I tried a home, I was focusing around 95117, 95126 (Rose Garden) and 95125 (willow glen) for easier commute.

Avoiding traffic is better. If cash available in future, we can rebuild entire home, but not location.

2 Likes

Update. the one I like it, 1.898,888 listed and sold as 1.950,000. Even I can go a little bit further but seller will accept full cash buyer. :frowning:

Which area?

Is there any downtown close to Cambrian?