Google engineer's viral 10 page anti diversity screed

Seems apple has more older employees. Others newer companies has less of any

He can sue this company if you provide evidence. You can also sue them if they fire you after you testify against your employer

Yes, one sample, but my Big Bro is hitting 60 and is still in SV working as an engineer. Don’t want to get into specifics, but he is into satellites. Technically, he is not a manager, but an individual contributor probably at the near top of the food chain still. Young punks from good schools can’t touch him, yet…

Who want to be a hardware engineer? Software engineering is where the money is. Is he into robotics and sensors? If not, no worry, nobody care.

I don’t know the lingo and certainly am not in a position to argue about this, but I seem to recall BEFORE that hardware engineers used to look down on software engineers (yes, tables may have turned, I get it)… and no, my Big Bro is not hurting in the slightest bit. He probably could eat your lunch…

Lockheed Martin? It’s like government job and very comfortable. Better than retirement.

The mere fact that he has fought off the young Turks (male and female) over the course of a career spanning 35 years is impressive is all I have to say. I agree with @Jane, ageism is live and well in SV yet he is unscathed. When he tells me his bosses are worried about him retiring soon, I believe him…

Not sure if this is true. Looks like the dude got doxxed.

Harvard PhD. He’s so fired.

Seems his article went viral and many of Googlers actually love it.

Polls show that super majority of Bay Area people are against affirmative action in college admission. This guy’s article seems to be against workplace affirmative action. He’s a ”classic liberal", and his article seems to be pretty mild mostly

It really does not need to be doxing, his post went viral within google. Let’s see what PC will do to him

James Damore, got Havard PhD in 2 years, graduated uiuc in 3 years. Around 28 yo, Millennial, centrist

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/136412749

http://voxday.blogspot.com.ar/2017/08/suppressing-dissent-at-google.html?m=1

Google leak

If google wants to fire this guy, what kind of reasons can be used?

Or just pay him a huge amount and let him resign quietly?

1 Like

This is not about affirmative action. Work place benefits by having people from diverse background. If google has more women they wouldn’t release creepy crap like google glass.

Just fire the guy and move on.

He is not against diversity and he is not against hiring women. He just objects to new Google policy to give diversity candidates priority

What would be the cause for termination? Is this within freedom of speech protection?

If paying a huge sum to let him resign, will it encourage this kind of articles more?

1 Like

Uh oh…is the Google empire starting to exhibit some Millennium Tower type cracks???

Uber has crumbled. Google culture is pretty progressive, now its dilemma is how to handle this

I think many civil rights attorney may come soon if the guy is fired or threatened. This guy may get a big settlement check and no need to work any more

I don’t think google should fire this guy based on this article. It should be based on merits of his job. If he is doing well at his current position and getting along with all coworkers, no reason to fire him.

There is no freedom of speech in private enterprises. Next time try swearing at your CEO.

He’s creating a hostile work environment. There will be no women willing to work with him. Scott frostall was fired from Apple for being difficult to work with. You think publishing sexist essays is kosher?

This kind of attitude is precisely why he wrote that article to begin with: shaming people into silence. He truely had a desire to express his viewpoint. You can disagree with him, but you should not silence him.

1 Like