Gun Control

Why do these stories make the news everywhere? Yet when a woman uses a gun to keep an intruder from raping or killing her it doesn’t make the news? Why is the media coverage biased to make us afraid of guns?

Maybe a better question is why doesn’t any law enforcement group advocate taking guns from citizens. It’d clearly make their jobs safer, but they don’t advocate for it. The people that deal with crime and criminals on a daily basis support citizens being armed. Yet you’re going to believe a reporter on what’s best?

You can also see it with political sex scandals. They made a huge deal of Moore in Alabama. Democrats in Washington State were calling for him to resign. Then someone asked them why they didn’t demand the Seattle mayor resign over similar allegations. They got called on their BS. There’s 19 cases of democrats accused of sexual stuff just this year. You know how many CNN has covered?

Believe the headlines and never read deeper. That’s what people writing the headlines are counting on. It makes it easy to control the thoughts of people. It’s why you can survey people and so many are wrong on basic facts. I guess some people enjoy being wrong.

I am assuming this idiot who went hunting in the dark obtained his guns legally (maybe not). Since gun ownership is a big responsibility, which I think you agree that it is, I am just asking you what should this idiot get as a punishment for doing something so stupid? Is it fair to say that yes he ought to be fully punished then with New York’s version of involuntary manslaughter and put away for at least 5-10 years?

He definitely will be sued, but I doubt he has any assets.
Shooting is common in the woods.
Don’t walk there in hunting season and wear bright orange if you do…

He should be held accountable to the law. If that’s 5-10 years, then that’s what he does.

Just another shooting. Nothing to see there, keep them coming!

I guess God told him to do it…

1 Like

Some people just want some cold, hard steel…

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Guns-were-Black-Friday-must-haves-going-by-the-12384704.php

1 Like

LOL

This is what we are talking about. The gun packing, toting AR-15s or M-16s cowards are that, cowards.

The typical republican draft dodging coward like the president.

Guns and women got Dan Bilzerian where he is today — the “King of Instagram,” with nearly 23 million followers, a mansion full of guns and a hot tub full of women.

“Trying to go grab a gun,” he says in the clip. “I’m f—— headed back. … Saw a girl get shot in the face right next to me, her f—— brains hanging out.”

But in the next clip, which briefly appeared on Bilzerian’s Instagram account and has since been plastered over the Internet, he stands in front of police lights, looking slightly dazed.

“Um, they got one of the guys,” he says, no gun in sight, all fury gone from his voice. “I’m headed back. I don’t think there’s much I can do.”

So he went home, leaving fans to wonder whether one of Instagram’s most formidable stars was something different in real life. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I’m going to laugh at this. The media fear campaign is having the opposite effect. They cover crime so much that it’s getting more people to buy guns. Maybe if they accurately covered the facts about crime rates less people would buy guns. Fear sells though, so there’s little chance of that happening.

LOL, the idiot still fighting against what the core of the response of most of the posters here is, elimination of the assault rifles.

He laughed at his comrade above. That’s for sure.

I am sure this makes your day, Mr. Seattle???

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/House-committee-set-to-pass-bill-to-dramatically-12392525.php

2 Likes

What a bunch of idiots!

Oh, here he comes! The guy with “wait, per the data…” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Many states already have that with neighboring states. It’s similar to how states accept the BAR exam or PE exam from another state.

Ok, Mr. Seattle, I must always be fair and present the facts. I still would like to take the bump stocks and military grade weapons out of the hands of the general population though…

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Crime-police-killings-both-down-in-2017-12445564.php

1 Like

Ask yourself, why does the public think crime is worse than ever when crime rates have been declining since the early 1990’s?

I suppose you are right, with the internet and instant and wide broadcasting of news stories these days any crime (especially heinous) would be known by everyone.

1 Like

Yet, they don’t cover all the times legal gun owners stop criminals which happens multiple times more often than murders by criminals. Why is the coverage so biased?

Good question. Again, is it that the media outlets don’t think stories like this are sensational enough, either way, to warrant coverage? I have obviously seen news stories where as you said legal owners stopped criminals say from invading the home. I don’t believe there is an overt agenda by news outlets to go out of their way to not report those stories. A lot of times it is simply the fact that you have a half or full hour and other stories came up.

The Russians have a better idea…They censor news of terrorist attacks…My bother in law was injured in a terrorist bombing on a Moscow subway last week…No report on the news…If the Western press didn’t report terrorist attacks their propaganda value would be useless…
No news no terror…Think about it…The American news media is the real terrorist…the biggest terrorist organization in the world…

In WW2 censorship was strict and effective…Islamic terrorists are killing us with our own media…
We are at war…Censorship should be pervasive and heavily enforced… The Chinese are smart to censor … The internet should be censored… The Russians and terrorists are using the internet as a weapon…

Loose lips sink ships… WW2 mantra
Today tech greed and PC liberals like the ACLU are endangering everyone in the US

1 Like

Foxnews, the favorite of republicans is the danger.

Then infowars with its leader Alex Jones, the cry baby selling vitamins after his dumb accusations.

Most conservative people in Texas were armed behind their front doors the day the Jade Helm exercise started years ago.

And Obama’s militias marching down the street

And Obama taking everybody’s guns

And now, saying that the FBI wants to assassinate Trumputin. The one tooth people back in the woods believe anything.

ACLU?
That organization is equal opportunity.