Hard Money Loans and Private Investor Funding

Hello Everyone,

I recently got my license to become a Mortgage Loan Originator. I have been working with a broker for a couple months now. I am interested in getting into real estate investing, specifically to do rehabs and flips with the ultimate goal of buying homes to keep as rental property. I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know the best ways of generating leads as an MLO? I have been cold calling and trying to build relationships with realtors in the area. It has been working okay, but nothing too great.
  2. Hard money loans for flips: I have found quite a few lenders that provide hard money loans with a down payment of 10%. I was wondering if anyone knows of any legit lenders who provide hard money loans with a smaller down payment? I have found a few companies that claim to provide 100% of funding for the home and the rehabs, but the companies seem sketchy. Also, I am sure it’s possible to get a hard money loan with a smaller down payment, but I am assuming it is only for those people whom have experience and who they have already worked with.
  3. I know a few people who do rehabs and flips, but they tend to be very limited with the information they provide, which is understandable since I would be competition for them.

I am extremely thankful for any information anyone may be able to provide!

As an MLO looking to generate leads, it’s great that you’ve been building relationships with realtors and engaging in cold calling. However, to enhance your lead generation efforts, consider additional strategies. Networking is crucial, so attend local real estate investment clubs, conferences, and seminars to connect with investors and professionals who can provide leads or referrals. Establishing a strong online presence through a professional website and active social media profiles, along with utilizing SEO techniques, can increase your visibility and attract potential clients. Additionally, cultivating relationships with existing clients, real estate agents, attorneys, and other industry professionals who can refer leads to you is valuable. Collaborating with other real estate professionals, such as realtors or property managers, can also help you leverage their networks and generate leads together.