Healthcare Stocks

I agree. If this is correct, why was not done last 10 years when MYL was alone supplying as monopoly in USA and price hiked 500% in six years between 2010 and 2016?

Though the key ingredient in the EpiPen, epinephrine, has been available for decades and is no longer covered by a patent, generic copies of the device have struggled to reach the market because the product is technically a drug-device combination, and the delivery device proved hard for generic competitors to copy to a degree that would satisfy regulators.

The FDA issued guidance in November 2017 to try to make it easier for generic copies of complex medicines like the EpiPen to reach the market, saying some design differences may be approved as substitutable products, as long as those differences don’t affect patients’ ability to use the product the way it’s intended.

Where is EpiPen is used?
What is the impact of EpiPen standards are relaxed?
Why FDA made it hard?

So it looks like making EpiPen generics is not easy. So you have that as a “moat” so to speak. But that’s a pretty weak moat. EpiPen is only expensive because there’s no competition. Mylan can always lower the price whenever it wants. It already has the name recognition.

Where is EpiPen is used?
What is the impact of EpiPen standards relaxed?
Why FDA made it hard?

I do not mean to question you back and forth. There is a strong reason behind it. If you know the reason, you will be knowing more about TEVA…This is called individual analysis or due diligence.

I just asked these questions to provoke some analysis, not to just question you.

Panic sold 1000 TEVA. Now has 1500.

OMG ! why? Kidding ??

I hold TEVA and TSLA shares strong.

I sold only TEVA calls (for profit) to buy AAPL shares, but not TEVA shares.

Now, I can compromise any shares, except the following

1. TEVA,
  2. TSLA (not WB)
  3. AAPL
  4. STNE (This came to WB price)
    – all are Warren Buffet shares.

Today is WB 13F-HR is due, let us see what he buys !

1 Like

reference the article on tiger 21 club, what healthcare stocks are they referring to? Biotech and pharmacy? Please note that Apple is into healthcare via Apple Watch, while Amazon is into drug retailing, and Google is into drug research & development. Investing in those three is also investing in healthcare.

I get the feeling that he is referring to biotech like ABBV, CELG, and GILD.

Why not something more mainstream like Aetna? Has been performing quite well.

Merck MRK is also quite a performer. Up 35% YTD and yields 2.9%.

Drug companies that sell cancer drugs,
CELG - Revlimid
GILD - Yescarta
ABBV - Imbruvica
PFE - Bavencio
MERCK - Keytruda
BMY - Opdivo

Who else sell cancer drugs?

Out of these, investment purpose - long hold , best is PFE.

My question is why ignore TEVA as it has longer growth possibilities? Why reinventing the wheel?

Berkshire team would have done enough research before investing money.

It appears to be time to exit big pharma. I’m honestly not sure what logical grounds people can object to these.

1. Pass insulin discounts onto consumers. It seems like a no brainer.
  2. Allow import of drugs from Canada. It’d slash prices for the same drugs. It’s another no brainer.
  3. Requires drug discounts of middlemen be given to seniors. I’m not sure why it’s not everyone, but the pharmacy benefit manager business is basically a drug cartel. Crushing it’s power is a no brainer.
  4. Allow Medicare to purchase drugs at the prices other countries pay. This shouldn’t even be controversial. There’s no reason to pay far more for the same drug. It’s another no brainer.

It’s amazing seeing someone with the guts to act on big pharma. That’s what happens when big pharma money doesn’t own you.

1 Like