Hey, This is About Some Of Us

You know, this is probably not just a modern thing. I knew a woman in Boston who was living in her parents’ house. She was 80-85 at the time, her parents had died, but because she’d never married, she’d never moved out. After her parents died, the house was hers.

Maybe not new and modern. But, generational for sure.

Also, just to say it, she got a $100K education to do WHAT??? teach? Seriously?

I was looking at teacher’s salaries. You know how much you get from some schools for having a Master’s degree? $3K a year. So… that’s gonna pay back in how long? PHD, another $3K. After looking at the payscale, I’m amazed that anyone actually teaches at all.

Bragging rights.

My experience with teachers is that they elucidate on their qualifications regularly as they disparage their comparatively low pay.

Economics is not their strong point. Demand and supply escapes them. They still believe there are magic forces that keep their pay down despite their academic superiority.

That’s why I can’t be close friends with most teachers. I get tired of hearing this and seeing them take no action to improve their own situation.

Shortage of teachers in special education, maths, science, psychology and can’t remember which area only.
Plenty of English and Social Science teachers available.

Frankly, I believe strongly in the future of human beings is in how well we teach them in how to integrate STEM and Liberal Arts. So teachers are critical. But I hate the current conduct, they are not doing it correctly, too much sprouting of content and grading, and not enough teaching. IMHO, they should apply SJ’s focus… say no to many, and yes to a few. That is, to reduce the scope of content and go more in-depth, and more cross pollination projects (that involve both STEM and liberal arts discipline). Actually, there is one English Literature in the high school that my son attended get the idea but her technology knowledge is crap and doesn’t know how to inspire.

I’m for high pay and won’t mind paying more local property tax.

1 Like

Ok, who owns the furthest rental from the Bay Area? Winner gets bragging rights…

(not family related, must be a true bonafide rental that you/management co take care of for you)

Good. I don’t have much faith of snap-chatters helping to move the human race forward. I think we need more millennials like you. Millennials are probably the lost generation, hopefully, the next generation is better. IMHO, working is not just for survival or self-actualization, it is also to improve the quality of life for everybody. Many have forgotten the latter responsibility.

Singapore :grin:

Yang Guo from the legend of the Condor Heroes?

1 Like

Geez, @hanera, I forgot about your influence globally… sound maybe have indicated US only

Hey, one of us could hit the big time like Jared did…

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/06/22/the-apprentice-real-estate-rookie-jared-kushner-snapped-somerville-properties-but-also-made-mistakes/4Y3VWYsNqJO3TAtfKfBSKJ/story.html

Preaching to the choir… all of us here are the most devoted group real estate investors you will ever find on the face of this planet.

I call impending bubble top. When everyone spends their time talking about RE (not just us?) it’s a bubble. I remember in 2007 your barber would be telling you about their RE investments. in 2001, my waitress at Bucca di Beppo was telling us she just bought a tech stock at $270.

I tend to agree with you that one should not follow or should be worried when the herd is doing something. But, it is not like every Joe/Jane has the easy access to money like before to get into trouble too. Underwriting requirements seem decent enough to this point, no? It is only the recent stories of easing that might cause one to be concerned. We do have a whole darn generation of millennials who are working and paying off their debt and they will be certainly wanting to buy homes at some point.

heh. i should have added a smiley face :slight_smile: or a sarcasm tag.
I think we are close to the top, but not yet there. Hence going to be very cautious about future investments

I think we are far away from a top. Did you see the other thread where the article stated that housing is still 30% below last top in 2005. How are we at the top when we haven’t even recovered from the last top???

Capital gains tax is the main reason boomers won’t sell…If government wants to help millienals they should give seniors a cap tax break…After they are paying tax on inflation caused by the government. …

1 Like

$500k for married couples isn’t enough? I think it is in most markets. There’s not many metro areas with a median price over $500k, so the gains have to be less than $500k.