Home Automation

Are you also using a fridge 40 years old? Because old ones also last longer. Except they prob dont have a water dispenser and so on.

I do all this already. Why fear door? If someone really wants to get into your house they can easily break a window or smash your door down.

1 Like

I love automation. When I come home, music turns on, lights turn on. When I open patio door, string lights turn on automatically, etc etc.

1 Like

The difference is if there is a vulnr. Someone can do it on a mass scale. It is less concern if you have motion sensor. That is my plan, i am getting it either way for the same reason. They can already lockpick, this will be at least a bit harder

Like I said (or am trying to convince you), moderation in everything is best. Obviously, I am far, far away an early adopter as one can getā€¦

I just replaced into a combi boiler/tankless unit in my San Bruno home for the radiant heating (big thumbs up by the way) and domestic water use, so obviously I am open to technology gains. I too have had a tankless for over 10 years now. I just donā€™t want to overdo it and just get every technology bell and whistle out there just becauseā€¦

I am not getting every technology. I am still having hard time with my google mini besides play some music or show on tv. maybe later more stuff, but currently itā€™s still early. Wouldnā€™t mind having a smart light set up though.

Bored after 10 secs. So damn long and not on topic.

Older people should have more patience.

Frankly, not sure they are discussing about automation or IoT :slight_smile:

Not only I donā€™t have patience, I also donā€™t like devices to outsmart me. The only IoT I have is iRBT vacuum. Pretty of appliances with sensors though.

they go hand in hand.