Home price will fall with the threat of rent control in CA

Another way of looking at it is the desirable environment is built by baby boomers. So shouldn’t baby boomers enjoy the fruits of their labor?

1 Like

Boomers are putting trillions of debt on future generations to pay for their own benefits. How is that fair?

They are also literally cooking the planet and wreaking havoc on our climate. Boomers are evil.

2 Likes

Short-term, rent is better than buy. Rent is also better for those who invest in stocks :slight_smile:

That’s why you need to support Tesla.

Renting is better than buying for disciplined people. Unfortunately 99.9% are not disciplined enough to make it work.

1 Like

Can I support Nio instead?

Any policy that discourage this behavior is good.

You want to support something noble that can actually make you rich, not bankrupt you.

1 Like

But support Prop 13 :thinking:

Provided your premises are true :laughing: Always pathos! Your care-based morality is not good for the long term prosperity of the human species.

If you want long term prosperity of human species you should not support wasting resources on the old. Remember that Japanese movie about a village where the olds are supposed to go to the woods by themselves to starve to death? That way the young don’t need to waste food on them.

1 Like

Maybe I should tell my parents to do that. Then I can get my house back and convert it into a rental.

Didn’t watch this movie. Animals do crawl away and hide when they grow ill enough that they cannot function. This is to prevent the herd from being hunted, as well as themselves. It is purely an instinctual survival tactic. They may or may not “know” they are dying, but they do know they are sick and weak, and that they should hide away from the predators.

Sometimes, domesticated dogs disappear when they are about to die of old age but most become clingy.

@manch
Just to confirm that you’re a care-based moral person, let me ask you a question:
Say there are five iPhones in an AT&T that are reserved, and one customer comes to you betting/crying miserably that it is important for him to get an iPhone now because (insert your favorite reason*). Would you sell to the customer (at the advertised price) or tell the customer it is reserved?

*child’s birthday, marriage proposal, sick parent’s wish, etc.

Sell it to him for double the price since he is desperate.

At the advertised price :slight_smile: Amended the scenario :slight_smile:

Yes if this is an attractive lady and you can ask for sexual favors in exchange. Otherwise no.

I never said I am a moral person. I just like to point out other people’s immorality. :smile:

https://g.co/kgs/7jBiEE

Still strong at the age of 69, Orin (Sumiko Sakamoto) prepares herself for an inevitable yet frightening ritual. In her village, where food is scarce, life is harsh and people are desperate and cruel. Anyone who lives for 70 years is hauled to the mountaintop by their children and left to die in the dead of winter. Orin is prepared to accept her fate, but she also has one last, all-important task – she must find a suitable wife for her son, Tatsuhei (Ken Ogata).

That means @hanera only has 10 years left before taken to the mountain by his sons…

Justice-based morality.

Sensitive. Just answer the question. You’re either care-based or justice-based!
I am a justice-based.