Home price will fall with the threat of rent control in CA

I’m actually very care-based.

Do you realize if all the reserved guys are present and gave you their reasons, you could sell to those five guys :crazy_face: instead of the guy that is betting you? In general, care-based guys are liberals and justice-based are conservatives. So you are a left :scream:

Yes I’m a weed-smoking trump-hating liberal… :rofl:

The call NIO as Chinese TSLA, which by default giving supremacy to TSLA.

With inferior technology, inferior sales, inferior range trying to emulate the leader, What makes you think NIO will lift up your financial, than TSLA, against making you bankrupt?

It is your money and your growth…

Both Nio and Tesla are gambling. Tesla will never go double from current level but Nio may.

Yes, it can in the short run with hypes in market. You can be a trader or speculator with this approach, but you can not hold longer time. This is exactly like JNUG or any 3x short term funds.

You are saying this based on current price and market cap when both are equal, but NIO is inferior. Unless TSLA trade secrets are stolen, NIO will not be able to catch up anyway.

TSLA has the risk of slipping the technology secrets while in China manufacturing. If technology is not stolen, NIO and BYD can not win TSLA for 20 years.

In short, NIO is actually gambling, but not TSLA esp after established growth. TSLA will only fall in two ways

1. Technology stolen (Possible) or Someone comes with better technology (Doubt, but possible)
  2. Economical impact of car sales across the world.

You need to know the benefit of CANSLIM. (ibd.com) author of this book.

https://www.amazon.com/William-ONeil-Money-Stocks-【2018】/dp/B07HLYL2T3

1 Like

A very bold statement to make but let’s just consider the following track records:

1. I bought Tsla 6 years ago at $35 ran all the way up to $275 in 6 years

2. You sold Fb at the trough of $140 late last year without making much of a profit

Maybe it’s time to reconsider your investment strategy?

1 Like

IMO, Manch is thinking to invest in NIO as if he thinks it is like TSLA at $35 ! When you bought TSLA and FB, you would have bought based on Elon and Mark, but not based on moat or any of the CANSLIM. You are lucky to catch/follow the good leaders.

Still FB is established company (Big Tech), TSLA is still growing.

1 Like

Under the table agreement is to sell the technology to China. Can’t do it openly since USG won’t agree. Get it? Doesn’t matter if you don’t get it. You are a honest W2, not a crooked businessman :grinning:

Did he? I know he sold but forgot the price. The main flaw in his approach is he piled on margin as the market roared to great heights… I recalled telling him to reduce margin not increase because eventually the market would peak and decline can be sudden and large. Have to reduce margin once market appears frothy, just like now, increasing margin is too risky.

So OT now. Might as well,
@manch - Care based or Justice based?
@Jil - Care based or Justice based?

1 Like

Collaborating technology with Chinese government is not an issue as long as TSLA gets 50% benefit out of it, but transferring knowledge to competitors in China is Elon shooting his leg ! I do not think Elon is that much fool.

Even today, be it AAPL or any other companies, hardware is being manufactured in China, but key ROM chip is made in USA (with software embedded) without which product won’t function.

This is like body manufactured in China, but brain is shipped from USA.

So far, the only way competitors (do not want to be political, but showing an example) get the technology is hiring the old employees (and asking them to come with software embedded technology).

IMO, Elon will do the same, entire manufacturing will be done at china for cost effective, but his brain child chips will go from Fremont factory. Once those chips are embedded, cars can test drive.

Unless competitors hire TSLA employees or ex-employees with technology, no way competitor can get it.

This is well established US practice to avoid trade secrets slippage.

This is the same reason many times TSLA and AAPL fight on hiring their ex-employees…etc.

Example:

Neither. I am for macro optimization: Maximize happiness for maximum number of people.

Allow me to modify the scenario a little to a parent with a girl crying profusely for one of the 5 reserved Christmas toys on Christmas eve. Sell to her?

Subtle message, reduce employment of China people in Apple and other tech companies.

In any case, copy initially to catchup and then thrust forward vigorously is the common catching up strategy employed even by USA in the early days. IMHO, this is a fast catch up strategy but is not as good as a quantum leap approach i.e. predict what kind of technologies are needed, say 10 years later, and start R&D heavily into them. For example, in energy, instead of spending R&D in oil exploration, pump resources into solar and wind. Another example is, instead of copying the search, push forward with messaging as the platform, WeChat! Yet another example, instead of copying the 4G, leap into 5G, go Huawei!

This is discrimination, which is not right. Better to support the law/international law and punish the offenders, be it company or any individual.

In both scenarios the salesperson’s reputation is on the line. He/she has vested interest not to sell to the crybaby.

Real life example:

You see a 27 year old bum on BART begging for money because he is $7 short from securing a place for the night. He claims that it’s his birthday and his son is coming to visit him so he needs a place to stay to celebrate his birthday with his kid. Do you:

a) Give him money
b) Call the BART police
c) Play with your phone and secretly curse him for wasting your tax dollars

You guys are funny! :joy:

You can’t compare any other city with SF and SF with any other country. Whatever you think, I don’t care, I just believe SF it’s an over inflated piece of “I can’t say the word”. It may be cool for tourists visiting certain historical places, and so on, but some neighbors of that city, same old thing. Sorry for the sincerity. :wink:

You are welcome to say the same about ESJ. I just hate the way SF is right now, a bunch of neglected homes par to any third world country’s city, streets on forever repairs, closing streets almost every weekend, a pain in the butt to find parking, yada, yada, yada.

What I see reading some “landlords” here is the incapacity, the greediness, the desperation to accelerate things, time, laws, and get, kiss politicians so they can vote on their side. For that, they wish no rent control was in place. Why? Because then they can immediately kick grandma, grandpa, maybe from their own family, who has been living under rent control forever, to the street.

What politicians, even from their own “people” are telling them is that they understand landlording is a business, but not a greedy one.

Now, if you want rent control gone, I, as a politician I would make a deal with you. I would put your property price to the market one, so you can pay the present property taxes, now, you can go ahead to do whatever you please. :hugs:

So, please, you don’t believe any BS about rent control putting down real estate prices, right? Why are you repeating them? It’s supply and demand, nothing else. Not everybody wants to be a landlord, but I bet everybody wants to own a home. And those newbies, are the ones competing against you. Why not them becoming landlords and thus increasing the fights and the prices?

When it comes to long time renters; they have been supporting landlords through rough times. Most of them, for $25 discount a month won’t move to a better or newer rental, the moving expenses exceed the savings, and that “staying” at that decrepit, never taken care of rental place is their only option. Besides that, they turn into a savings for the landlord, they may not ask for many repairs since they may be privy to have people in their living quarters.

So much to talk about these long time renters, why are you berating the landlords who have them and whom may understand they have to take care of them as if they were their relatives? Loyalty sometimes pays off.

Don’t like rent control? Please quit landlording so others can own a piece of the American Dream pie. :upside_down_face: