Home Security Cameras

IoT poses growing cybersecurity risks

For consumers, pushing data about your home onto the cloud is not good especially most of the IoT & cloud for their data storage are not well protected. If use smart phone especially Android, risk of the phone being hacked is high.

So invest in SPLK and PANW :grinning:

1 Like

LOL.

I have my security cameras on. In 3 months all the good features disappeared. I canā€™t receive anything on my phone when the incidents happen. Ebay had a 30 days return. LOL

The problem is:

1- Too slow to dig into the ā€œalleged timeā€ where the incident happens.

2- Incidents happen to be low crime incidents to report. I wish to catch them in the act to get a beating. LOL

4 months ago, I was awaken by my 2 dogs. I opened the front door, and a guy was peeing on the corner of the garage of the next home but standing on my garden, by the seconds it took me to say ā€œwhat?ā€ and open the front door, he was about 12 yards from me, he turned around and grabbed a small bike out of the bunch I was keeping for the metal collector guy. He climbed it and went away. As I go to bed half naked, by the minute I spent putting a shirt on and grabbing the car keys, and saying to the neighbor coming from work that I was pursuing a guy, for that stupid reason, the guy had disappeared among a bunch of Vietnamese kids having a party 8 homes away. The bike was abandoned right in front of that house.

Checking the video, I couldnā€™t identify the guy even if he was in front of me. Worthless piece of security camera. Good for the day, worthless overnight.

Oh, SOBs, they have stolen since Iā€™ve been here, from my front lawn or right from a place for my garden tools I have under my kitchen window:

1 A pick axe
1 shovel
2- squeegees
1- Big broom.

Darn it! in the middle of the night!

Yes, security cameras/system is only as good as camera resolution to identify culprits. But, if placed appropriately could act as a deterrent to some ā€œon the fenceā€ criminals. Thatā€™s the thing, you donā€™t hear or experience anything with them, so must be workingā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like a decent deal, no? Has anyone installed one yet?

2 Likes

Cameras work fine.

They came in the middle of the night, parked their truck in front of the driveway space, grabbed my neighbors hammock and got away. A hammock?

The guy across the street had a camera, we could barely see who they were but 3 guys and a truck. :crazy_face:

Yeah, we can pass on the security camerasā€¦

Jil,

Canā€™t remember which brand/model you bought. Did you use local storage or subscribe to online? How long to keep video? 24 hours or 7 days?