Hong Kong’s US$71.7 million Mount Nicholson flat grabs title as Asia’s priciest address

Another friendly reminder our RE market is actually pretty lame.

A luxury home on The Peak in Hong Kong had just been sold for HK$560 million (US$71.7 million), setting another price record in the most expensive residential market on earth.

An apartment measuring 4,242 square feet (394 square metres) at the Mount Nicholson project was sold to an unidentified buyer for about HK$132,000 per square foot, according to Wheelock Properties, which oversees sales of the complex for the joint development between Wheelock & Co. and Nan Fung Development. In square footage terms, that’s the most expensive residential price in Asia.

The transaction at the Mount Nicholson project, comprising 19 detached houses and 48 flats over three phases, broke the previous record for Hong Kong’s most expensive residence, when a buyer paid HK$105,000 per sq ft for a HK$522 million duplex penthouse at Henderson Land Development’s 39 Conduit Road project at the Mid-Levels.

That’s 17K USD per foot. :scream:

1 Like

My wife says that many people that work in Hong Kong are starting to live in Shenzhen because they can’t afford Hong Kong.

2 Likes

I am not sure many can afford Shenzhen price either.

I can’t even afford East Oakland prices… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Move to San Diego!!! :grinning:

Really… I’m pretty sure to buy a pigeon cage in HK would be quite cheap… :rofl:

Where at? La Jolla or Coronado? :rofl:

A lot of white collar folks can afford the condos in Hong Kong with dual income. The problem is most people don’t want to buy an old unit (>25 years old). They want new construction with close proximity to downtown for their work commute (who doesn’t) that costs $2M+ USD. Of course it ain’t gonna happen…

Yes and I would also like to live in a 50M dollar mansion in Beverly Hills… :rofl:

Both of them are too expensive for me. I live in the eastlake section of Chula Vista. Low crime and a nice neighborhood but a few more miles from the beach.

1 Like

They’re also too expensive for me… :laughing: