- Don’t do a startup.
- Specialise in something that every company likes a lot. Avoid niche tech, go for huge popular things (eg. AWS, JS, Python, React).
- Take a $ 500-1000 / day, full-remote job (If you don’t know how to find them, there’s a chapter about it).
- Don’t live in big cities (go for smaller, more liveable towns).
- Leave any job that requires too much work or too many meetings. Meetings are the mind-killer. You’ll quickly find another gig because you specialized.
- Take 2 months for holidays in-between contracts.
- Do this for 7 years while investing most of your salary in a diversified portfolio. Don’t go too crazy with Crypto.
I like his way of looking at money, as a way to procrastinate if you don’t know what to do with life:
So when we don’t know what to do, we focus on making more money, assuming we are going to figure out what to do with it later.
When making life decisions, going in the direction of more money can be wise. However, we must keep in mind that when we choose money, we don’t choose much . We just decide to decide later.