How many Trust JNJ? I am buying JNJ with this news

I may not be buying 50k, but small amount possible. Waiting for JNJ such drops.

Investors hate uncertainty, goes the old Wall Street cliché. The saying is especially apt when a blue-chip stock known for being a safe investment suddenly becomes a source of worry.

Johnson & Johnson shares plunged 10% Friday after Reuters reported that company executives have known for decades that its baby powder sometimes tested positive for small amounts of asbestos.

JNJ said in a statement that its baby powder is safe and asbestos-free, calling the allegations an “absurd conspiracy theory.” But investors, faced with the possibility of years of expensive litigation and hearings from angry members of Congress, were clearly rattled. The stock had its worst day in more than 16 years.

Bought 30.

1 Like

When ? Yesterday??

Trader nation. :smile:

It is not about trade, but an opportunity to get at a lower price that gives higher yield.

JNJ is dividend aristocrat, we will get ever lasting dividend 3.6% or more for its life term. Rest 50% earnings goes to growth part of it.

If I buy, I will hold long like real estate.

Based on limited shares hanera purchased , he will also hold long , I hope.

The same way, I am buying 50 shares of aapl every 5% dip ( hanera formula )

Friday. Supposed to be 7% :grinning: not 5%

1 Like

See how people play with money !

He expects a re-bounce next week.

1 Like

Vaguely recalled this is the same lawsuit that appear a few times since I know JnJ. Same lawsuit different lawyers. Thought we can’t do that?

1 Like

When asked what his thoughts were on Johnson & Johnson (JNJ - Get Report) --a holding in his Action Alerts Plus portfolio–he said that, so long as the shares keep falling, he believes that investors could be buying shares as soon as tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Cramer said that he doesn’t expect the markets to experience a Santa Claus Rally.

Trump killed Santa.

The real war on Christmas.

Fed can try to reduce rates immediately to stimulate economic growth.

Presently, 75% of S&P500 companies are producing better results (Profits and revenue/sales) than last qtr and last year. Jobless is staying low rate in decade.

Present volatility is by market makers such as institutions, funds scared of market, moving to cash.

FED won’t move an inch for market volatility, they act only when jobless is high or company profits are getting reduced, say S&P500 revenue dips and profit dips.

Bought 300 shares today as buy and hold, not intent to sell.

1 Like

You said that all the time :slight_smile:

Yes, I am having them all, TSLA, STNE, TEVA, AAPL,BRKB,…etc everything intact some minor allocation will change, but holding all of them whatever I bought.

Since I wanted to test my buy and hold strength, I am holding. This has reduced my profit from 42% (peak this year) to just around 15% now. If market dips another 10 days, I may end up negative by holding.

Even though I see positive (gain) as of now, it is in pathetic situation compared to my peak gain !

I hate to open my account and see the daily red now, but holding it as such.

You can long puts or collar your equities and add some long SPXU to hedge any big falls.

I am just expressing like many, but no plan to hedge with puts as it need additional cash and risk.
The easiest hedge is move to cash and wait, that is the only best idea which I am not doing it.

Once next qtr results, people will see reality. This is the opportunity to buy some nice shares , like JNJ, to buy at low. I have been watching/waiting for such. The JNJ issue is sensational and will not long last after the next qtr results.

Same way, AAPL, TSLA, STNE, TEVA,BRKB, T, BA, GOOGL, AMZN…etc this is nice time to add-on. Everything changes after next quarterly result.

This is the opportunity for JNJ too, they approved buyback 5B shares yesterday after market close. They buy at their own bottom value !

Johnson & Johnson JNJ said its board of directors has authorized a share buyback plan worth $5 billion and maintained its previously issued guidance for 2018.

J&J expects 2018 adjusted earnings per share in the range of $8.13-$8.18 while revenues are anticipated in the band of $81-$81.4 billion.

J&J’s stock was down 2.9% on Monday after declining 10% on Friday, following a Reuters report, which stated that the pharma giant knew for decades that its baby powders contained asbestos.

J&J has more than 11,000 cases pending in relation to its baby powders containing talc in the United States. Most lawsuits allege that the company’s talc-based products including its baby powders contain asbestos, which causes its users to develop ovarian cancer.

So far this year, J&J’s stock has declined 7.5% against the industry’s increase of 5%.

1 Like

J&J shares turn sharply lower after company loses motion to overturn $4.7 billion talc verdict

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/19/jj-shares-fall-after-company-loses-motion-to-overturn-4point7-billion-talc-verdict.html

1 Like