How Slim are Restaurant Margins?

Why do you think Americans shut the whole country down for covid19? We have been brainwashed to believe everything will kill us.
Roundup, asbestos, lead, artificial sweeteners, coffee, meat, alcohol, smoking(but pot smoking is ok), contrails, Freon, radon, mold, formaldehyde, sugar, fat, msg, GMOs, vaccines, power lines, sharks, killer bees, piranhas, CO2, pit bulls( oh wait they have been rehabilitated and are called pittys now) … the list is endless.

We have a whole country and in fact the whole world full of paranoid hypochondriacs.
How come we never worried about any of this crap back in the fifties?

Basically a world full of wimps looking to blame someone for their health problems…lets be honest, 90% of covid19 deaths are caused by pre existing conditions mostly due to poor lifestyle choices.

No wonder 70% of Californians would rather cower in their beds, than go to work. They have been bombarded by fake news for their whole lives and are terrorized.

Strange despite all these lethal killers out there we keep living longer, until recently. Now all the paranoia and despair is starting to kill us because of drug use. Curious how killer opioid drugs have become more accepted with all the paranoia. Why can’t people just drink themselves to death like in the good old days? Oh that’s right, alcohol is bad for you but Fentanyl must be ok?

1 Like

Eastern world is following west. Now eastern world is also becoming fearful of those things. Left want to teach fear to people.

Ok I revised it. This paranoia is threatening to destroy to us all.

In the construction business I had to deal with it for 40 years. Millions or regulations to save us from all imagined threats. Lead, asbestos, CO, earthquakes, tornadoes, mold. We waste billions every year to try to overbuild to anticipate every possible threat to our health and safety. And then a virus comes by that is over 99% survivable and all that money and effort seams meaningless. Life is short and brutal. There are dangers everywhere. Try to live, love and enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. The paranoia is worse than any perceived threat.

2 Likes

Tyrants and despot run the reign of terror and fear to keep the subjects in control. History is full of examples.

1 Like

:scream: That’s what kill some Covid-19 patients.

You omitted overseas travel :grimacing:

Most people can go to work wearing masks. I ordered some washable masks online and have yet to receive them after one month. My stock of surgical masks is running low.

I have plenty for farming. The N95s are hard to wear. They are airtight. I prefer the ones my wife makes. She made 20 for Barton Hospital.
Simple cloth masks. A bandanna will be just good. A long as everyone wears masks they are effective. Otherwise they are just a fashion statement.

Virus is 1/10000th of a bacteria, easy to travel through mouth, nose, ear and even eyes ! Airtight is good on quality, very effective, better to wear if you have one. We have to breath filtered air only even though it is hard.

One of my relative gave early warning to us, and even bought ear plugs, glass and N95 well in advance, kept at home.

2 Likes

The media knows fear generates ratings which boost ad sales. It’s all about the money. Who cares about the truth.

1 Like

Exactly because we freaked out about all these killers and took precaution, we therefore live longer now compared to 50 years ago. Are you against wearing seatbelts and motorcycle helmets as well?

Older people are always talking about the good old days…

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve made it so easy to survive that there’s so many humans we’re causing climate change and ruining the planet. Good job. The fringe of climate change is talking population control. That’ll be mainstream climate change talk in 10-20 years.

No. In 20 years we will all be worrying about the super low reproduction rate getting even lower, and can’t do anything about it.

The best birth control pill is prosperity. There is some estimate the number of births per woman is already as low as 1.4 in China. Even Africa is seeing birth rate plummeting.

1 Like

Yes. Look we may live longer but it mainly due to drugs like penicillin. Cars are safer and seat belts make sense but it should be by choice.
Now the paranoia and stress of TMI and too many rules are a major killer. Plus more rules just means more people in jail. Before 1900 there were no rules on prostitution, drugs, alcohol and guns.
Now we have ten times the incarceration rate. Did those laws help? Now we are miserable and we have too many in jail. I think our ancestors had a lot more fun. I know we had a lot more fun than millenials raised by helicopter parents

Freedom. Something your generation will never know.

Lot of things affecting low fertility: People starting family late, greater access to birth control devices, increase in featicide, and heavy hand of state in countries like China. People in prosperous society work more not less. belying hope Keynesian had that technology will reduce the workday from 8 hours to 4 hours.

You have omitted the most critical reason. Rise of women.

Please explain what do you mean.

If you want more reasons for low fertility, you can add these. Increases in cases of divorce. Marriages are no more “till death do us apart”. Some men and women deciding to stay single. Feminism, whatever it means, and counter feminism (like MGTOW movement). Actually, in many countries, the population has stopped growing in last two three decades and even declining. Actually, the guy, Paul Ehrlich, who coined the word population bomb, recently admitted he was wrong. The problem the world might face in future is declining population.

Added Later: This is not good for Real Estate.
Added Later 2: I do not know why the poem deserted villages comes to my mind.

Nowadays,

Who control sex? Woman.

Who control divorce? Woman.

Who control marriage? Woman.

Before the rise of women, who control those?