How the Coronavirus will affect Bay Area Housing Market

Simple just add a few more counties to the BA. Already have a few that don’t touch the bay.

1 Like

Which ones don’t touch the bay? Monterey bay?

Build mass transit to Sacramento and Stockton.
Wll never be enough room in the 9 BA counties

who will pay for the mass transit? All mass transits are running in losses and will not exist without taxpayers money.

Monterey and San Benito are often including in the BA. I would also include San Joaquin

High valuation, little revenue… They are lucky to be based in the Valley…

And layoffs pre-Covid…
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Quora-to-lay-off-an-undisclosed-number-of-15001785.php

For now, it appears to be just like so many other Silicon Valley startups: with a rich valuation but not much money. Except this one is a decade old.

Our favorite kind of startup…

The company told some prospective investors that it did about $20 million in 2018 revenue, which makes a $2 billion valuation a pretty enormous 100x multiple of its prior year’s revenue.

No compelling reason to use Quora. It’s a forum like a million others. What value do they add? Serious question, tell me a story.

How can they sell so little advertising? I’d love to know what their pitch was for monetization.

Velodyne hired bankers last year to go public and was seeking to surpass its last private valuation of $1.8 billion, Business Insider reported at the time.

Blank-check company Graf Industrial Corp. is in talks to merge with Velodyne Lidar Inc., a deal that would take public the maker of sensors used in self-driving vehicles, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-06-26/ford-backed-velodyne-is-said-to-be-in-talks-to-merge-with-graf

Mass lay offs are due for Bay Area. Coming results cycle, we all will hear the mass lay offs in Bay Area.

It will a shocking cycle now.

2 Likes

Do people get paid for Quora answers?
Manch gives me KFC coupons for my answers.
All the chicken I can eat.

1 Like

:thinking:

Maybe for legacy companies that have been laying off people for the last decade. I doubt growing software companies will do layoffs. They were the least impacted, and some have even seen an increase in business.

As long as qtr2qtr revenue/profit is growing, no CEO/CFO is going to look for cost reduction. This is universal rule. That is the same reason, Cloud companies are not coming down, while others are being corrected.

1 Like
2 Likes

I guess this means only white people will take advantage of remote work and leave.

2 Likes