How to Add Permanent Art to Your Home

Can you live in a work of art? With a great imagination and some creativity, you definitely can! Your residence can be more than just a four-walled building – it can be a beautiful retreat to calm your mind and soul. By adding permanent art to your home, you could create an interesting and unique space for yourself and your family.

Upgrade Your Walls

Forget about plain old white walls and embrace wall art! There are so many ways to use DIY wall art to give your surroundings that extra boost. You can make a simple polka dot pattern to add an adorable touch, use paintings to create a classy gallery or use traditional fabric to make your home look like an art exhibit. The walls of your home are your canvas, so use them as creatively as possible.
Styling with Tiles

You could be walking on art if you use the right tiles on your floor. Most people underestimate the impact of flooring when designing a house, but this simple step could take your house to the next level. Whether it’s using glossy wooden floors to give your home a sleek, spacious look or picking geometric designs to add a modern, edgy impression, your floors could be the talk of the town with the right imagination. You can also use fun, colourful tiles in your bathrooms and kitchen for an additional gloss. Bonus factor: Tiles are easier to clean and maintain!

Go Green

Turn your home into an indoor garden or use plants to beautify your balcony. Create a simple arrangement on your windows with small succulents or use gorgeous indoor plants as center pieces to add a fresh appeal to your abode. If you’re living in a smaller space like an apartment, you can turn your balcony into a living work of art by using hanging plants and colorful flowers that will please the eye.

Light Up Your Living Space

Light and shade can make all the difference. A well-lit space looks bigger and more open, so utilize the amazing lighting options available on the market to present your home in the best way possible. Uniquely-shaped chandeliers, eclectic lamps and gorgeous wall lighting can make a huge difference. Not only does good lighting make your home brighter, it also impacts your mood and emotions!

Fun with Furniture

Installing some creative and eye-catching furniture is an interesting way to add art to your home. From rustic dining tables that take you back in time to futuristic beds and chairs, your home doesn’t have to have the same old heavy furniture that has been passed down over generations. Create a harmony between your furniture and the rest of the room rather than lettanyone one piece overpower the space.

Orginial Src of How to Add Permanent Art to Your Home :wink:

Well, I consider this to be permanent art. It will be permanently there as long as I own the house! This is hanging over the fireplace. It’s an original…

3 Likes

Sounds like an ad for Ikea :stuck_out_tongue:

But I will say, this owner did a great job with the backyard using potted plants (I’d actually wondered if it was staged, but I don’t think so):

1 Like

Hey @Terri,

Now that you are a homeowner, do you want an edition of that Dogs Playing Cards art piece? I hear it makes homes that much more valuable…:grinning:

2 Likes

Definitely not our style, thanks for asking. :slight_smile: [ Also haven’t closed yet :frowning: ]

1 Like