How To Choose The Best Paint Color For Any Room

Just don’t paint the ceiling the same color as the walls. That seems to be a Seattle thing.

None of the links to the rooms work, so you can’t see how they look.

Yeah, only the Colorhouse ones worked for me…

Cheap people paint their homes all one color. It saves them money on the cost of the labor.

Usually, white paint on the ceiling or anything toned down if you are nuts to use any other color, and the walls go whatever color you want. Trim is different color than walls and ceiling, you need to distance yourself from looking like you used a cheap painter dedicated to do a rental job.

Never, ever use flat paint on the kitchen or the baths. Semi-gloss is better. Same as in the trim and baseboards. But you can use low sheen, or egg shell, so many variations of sheens on these products.

Ceiling - white is the only color I see.
Walls - in color is gray :slight_smile: some like cool, some like warm. Usually people paint the bedrooms with different color from the living/ family.
Trims/ baseboards - white is the only color I see. You use other color?

I am not cheap. But I prefer boring colors to contrast with beautiful furniture and will paint my entire house the same color because I want to. Ha!

The prior assholes painted the ceilings the same color as the walls, because they were lazy. It’s an easy fix and makes the house look much better and newer.

People are getting more adventurous on trim colors. Some use black. Some use gray. I honestly can’t tell if that’s a trend that’ll date a house in 10 years or something that’s here to stay.

1 Like

Prefer natural wood.

1 Like

Does anyone do that anymore? All I see is the fake wood trim unless the house is old.

Usually, trims are different color than the walls and ceilings. You don’t want to wake up semi asleep and not being able to identify the door to the living room or to the balcony.

I always painted different color to have a contrast of color. My kitchen is light green walls, white ceiling and white baseboards.

As in a hallway, if you have kids and they are banging their toys on the baseboard, use a deep color. The scratches and bangs won’t be noticeable that much. I haven’t heard anything about owning one of those robots cleaning your floors, they can damage your baseboards.

As in anything in life, your house, your colors, the hell with complainers.

Dang, spoken like an owner of a SFH, not a condo!!!:wink:

1 Like

I switch on a low lumen LED light as night light throughout the night. Anyhoo, I think I mixed up trims with baseboard, yes, I do see trim of different color.

1 Like

Fake wood trim??? ugh.

If it’s the same sheen, some paints have this weird effect when you see them from different angles. Now, if you mixed sheens, flat and anything else, there’s a problem, it will peel off eventually.

I was hired by a guy I knew, $25/hr. He would really hassle. In my dumb rush to mix the paint, I mixed flat and semi-gloss in a 4 gallon bucket. It was when there’s wasn’t a self primer product on the market. I had to spend a day priming and then repainting a bathroom.

To be effective, buy paints that have the primer included. You will save time and $.

Here, the trim and the wall paint contrast. Kitchen

2 Likes

Ever thought about changing to “paintinghouse”, Mr. All World Paint Expert???

2 Likes

That’s literally all you see in HD and Lowe’s. It’s basically sawdust super finely ground and held together with glue.

1 Like

Who Me?
I think my best name according to the current census would be bitchinghouse. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like