Impact of election on market

IMO, Only Trump for stocks…Dems thought process - as always - Tax as eternal solution for every issue !

2 Likes

Like how tax cut would cure the coronavirus and get the economy back on track?

The singular focus on taxes is quite weird. It’s not insignificant but far from the only thing that’s important.

Harris is so left wing that Wall Street is singing her praises:

Financial advisory firm Signum Global is already telling its clients that the choice of Harris reinforces the notion that the Democratic ticket is more moderate than progressive.

Coronovirus is a different issue.

Dems always aims to add stress on taxation on people and corporate.

I am really concerned about Biden’s Tax increase on corporations esp from 21% corp tax to 28%. If taxes increased on corporate, major corps will move to the old method of hoarding the money elsewhere in the world as tax heaven state. This is detrimental to entire economy, adds more stress on jobless recovery.

Stocks will also crash and recovery will be like 2008-2012 Obama period.

What Trump has done, by reducing Corp tax in 2017, was major change for a long term expansion for America.

Nobody is singing any praises.

Signum is telling it’s clients that it is relieved that she is economically dumb rather than dumbER

ADDED LATER:
Oh, I am wrong. She might be dumbER after all as shown by the first line below.

Harris’s economic policies are very much in line with the PROGRESSIVE wing of the Democratic party. But many of her policy positions are based on faulty economic logic and inaccurate perceptions about the current US economy. She dismisses the importance of current robust economic growth: “You ask him [Trump], how are you measuring the greatness of this economy of yours? And they point to the jobless numbers and the unemployment numbers. Well, yeah, people in America are working. They’re working two and three jobs.”

But Harris’s claim is wrong. Only about five percent of employees work more than one job , and this number has been nearly constant for the last decade. Unemployment is low not because people are working multiple jobs but because private-sector incentives to hire workers are much stronger than they have been in many years, and workers are benefitting because of this.

Harris also dismisses the strength of the economy by arguing that higher-equity values only benefit the wealthy. But more than half of Americans indirectly hold stocks through various retirement plans. Moreover, higher stock values promote business expansion and economic growth. Real GDP growth averaged 2.1 percent under Obama but is averaging around 2.9 percent under Trump.

But Harris’s misperceptions about the state of our economy lead her to support several labor policies that would depress worker choice, economic opportunity, and economic growth. These policies include a $15-per-hour minimum wage and a rolling back of more than seventy years of significant union-labor legislation.

Harris also has proposed a subsidy to those who spend more than 30 percent of their income on rent and utilities. Families with incomes under $125,000 would be eligible for this credit and would receive monthly checks from the government.

2 Likes

Err… did they forget to include the last two quarters’ numbers?

Peope aren’t for police brutality. There’s people who actually read statistics and studies on it. Then there’s people that get motivated by sensational headlines. Statistics won’t beat emotions though, so it’s not worth discussing.

All business closings results into economical downturn. Root cause of the issue is Coronovirus, You may not like it, but Trump assigns it differently !

1 Like

Democrats are hoping that Joe gets the Scranton/Mid_West voters, while Kamala will get the coasts anyways.

Yeah that’s unique in the world to USA somehow?

Cliff notes: They need her to a maintain the identify politics narrative, since Biden is and old white man.

What will Democrats do when they run out of firsts to put on the ticket? They’ll need an new strategy.

Yup, pretty unique I would say.

https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1293319356387123207?s=21

Here is the correct metric. Keyword is Real GDP growth as quoted above.

1 Like

Kamala Harris:

Extramarital affair with Kamala Harris? Former San Francisco mayor, 84, admits it happened

I will never forget how she let go of PG&E. They faced a $562M fine, and they got away with $6M.
https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2016/aug/03/ticker-pge-gets-big-break-san-bruno-disaster-fine/

Then there is the defunct San Onofre nuclear station, with mountains of nuclear waste that is sitting there. While we watch the explosion in Beirut in awe, there is a much much bigger one sitting in our backyard. San Onofre was not built to withstand the kind of earthquakes we have already seen in So. Cal. If things go bad, there is no way the insurance companies can pay for the homes in Irvine and SD. She never got PG&E to remove the spent fuel. No wonder they are called Do-Nothing dems.

But wait, dems knew this is going to bite them in their behinds, so voila they got some news out just weeks before she got the VP nomination.

2 Likes

You don’t think after getting Covid under control, Europe’s economy would recover while ours is still in the dumps? How’s China’s economy doing?

If you are giving Trump a pass on his handling of a once in a lifetime pandemic, maybe you can give Obama similar slacks? He had to clean up after Bush’s financial meltdown I think?

I thought grading on the curve means grading everybody on the same curve?

Germany is not Europe. It has 20% of EU GDP. Even then their economy had the biggest Quarterly drop on record.

I can give the numbers of France, Italy,Belgium, Spain and others :slight_smile: and then grade on a curve.

Hard to believe ANY number coming out of china. Also, we are not an authoritarian country which says “My way OR get killed”

Obama is not on the ticket.

Anybody thinks Obama and Biden can be equated? and that too today’s Biden where he is confused half of the time.

1 Like

Ok. Let’s get back to topic and discuss the veracity of the following statement. You can continue to think Trump has done a good job and I hold the opposite opinion.

True or false?

In this election, if you are voting Democrat…then you are in essence voting for Harris for President, as that I don’t know if Joe can make the 4 year distance, he seems to be faltering health wise.

1 Like

My earlier point on “Real GDP growth” was from the article which was stressing that Kamala’s economic policies are Progressive and not moderate in response to a comment which said Kamala was moderate.

Trump’s Tax cuts gave the stock market a huge push. Nobody(non political) disputes that.

Impact of election on Market(stock) is the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Someone would argue the same for Trump :wink:
If both get on biking, I would bet on Biden.
Trump for sure would golf better :wink:

1 Like