Impact of election on market

Sure, you can search the internet but not doing so well on reading comprehension…

Trump lies no doubt. But Biden’s lies are more insidious. In fact Kamala Harris called him out during the first debate. And then he bumbled about, people thought his campaign was over. The claim that he has been with the blacks since 1972 is a lie. At the same time he was cozying up to racist southerners to undermine bussing. He supported the 1994 law that incarcerated thousands of blacks. He basically called Obama a clean acceptable house boy vs Jesse Jackson and the rest as dirty and unmanageable.
He plagiarized Kennedy, the UK prime minister.
He cheated in college. He lied about his grades.
He sticks his foot in his mouth all the time.

He is not as good a liar as Trump, but he is not an effective leader either. 47 years in Washington does mean he should be president. It means he should be in a rest home. You are obviously voting for Harris.
Hopefully she is lying about her socialist agenda

1 Like

I am no fan of Biden but at least he is a moderate. Yes, he has lied in the past (as most of us have at one point in our lives) but has acknowledged it and apologized. Clearly there are not enough actual lies to pick on as the far right fake media/Russian bots feel the need to manufacture new ones like the Delaware State Nothingburger last night.

Trump lies in every other sentence with no remorse. He thinks the world revolves around his own manufactured truth. Joe Biden is an old man trying to do the right thing for a country he loves dearly. Trump is pure Id and Ego who only cares about raw power and himself.

1 Like

I’m no fan of either but with Trump, I think he just fuels the extreme on both ends (left or right). I want that to end…period. The stock market will soar and the economy will come back either way with ups/downs.

1 Like

They are both liars. Trump is a better choice for
conservatives. He has called the liberal apologists on the carpet, and pissed off all the media. Biden will win in California, so I might as well vote for him, or is it Harris?

Big stock market upside in the cards if Biden wins big.

Yes, my reading comprehension seems no better than yours. You can point to some article on the internet but you do not know what to ask.

Anyway, let me help you.
Do I believe there are people out who do not want Trump to win?
Yes, I do.

Do I believe mail-in-voting is a scheme to create fraud if Biden cannot win straight?

Yes, I do,

Do I believe multinational corporation and big labour want Trump to leave China so that they can profit from the cost of labour differential between China and US even if it leaves the labor in US unhappy?

Yes I do.

Anything else you want me to admit, just ask. Do not send me links that I cannot comprehend.

Only you seem unhappy with extremes. I am OK if the extreme is in positive way. More good of good is, well, good.

1 Like

@erth

How to make $ from stock market when you keep talking politics?

1 Like

1 Like

You forgot voting to restore Robert E Lee’s citizenship.

More fiscal stimulus and a lower dollar might help markets in the short term but it’s hard to argue that they bode well for the country in the long term.
Not to mention - the Obama/Biden strategy was massive fiscal stimulus but also massive new regulation. The result was the slowest recession recovery in history.

1 Like

Biden just wants to be liked. No agenda or leadership abilities. Just a sad puppy dog.

100% agree. I have first person anecdotes from black colleagues who say they are regularly questioned by cops whether they own the luxury car they are driving.

1 Like

There are tons of videos on the internet where a traffic stop become the day of death for the cop who dared to stop. These kinds of anecdotes (like told by @DH0) , while good at stoking emotions, do nothing to solve the root of the problem: the lack of respect/trust for authority. When a policeman stops you, you have to obey. Period.

3 Likes

Hillary was terrible. I don’t like half of what Trump has done, but I’m still glad Hillary was never president. Democrats got what they deserved for trying to put her in power. Had enough of that family with Bill.

1 Like

A very sobering read. He’s right. It’s scary how socialism is becoming acceptable.

One of my friends escaped from Cuba. His grandfather died fighting against Che Guevarra. Friend’s family escaped in the night on a boat to Florida. He did IT for non-profits where people had Che’s poster on the wall. That really hurt. Their hearts were in the right place trying to help the poor, but he knew that they had no clue. I’ve never understood why a murderer is somehow idolized by Americans. Don’t they understand how bad things have gotten in Cuba?

1 Like

That debate was lost opportunity to present views to the voters. I turned it off after 20 minutes and went to Costco. It was empty :slight_smile:(as I had guessed it would be)

1 Like

I think Chris Wallace presented the democratic view very articulately with his sharp interruptions and disruptive questioning during the debate.

1 Like