Impeachment inquiry

If he is impeached, stock market roars or dives?

Irrelevant since he will be impeached (a political and not a legal act) but not convicted in the Senate. The whole case has already fallen apart. Of course the Dems will go with it anyway; they committed before reviewing the evidence.

2 Likes

How Will the Impeachment Inquiry Affect Markets?

However, after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced just such an inquiry into President Donald Trump following whistleblower allegations that he pressured Ukraine to meddle in the 2020 elections by looking into the Democratic frontrunner, Joe Biden, Wall Street’s initial reaction has been fairly muted.

So while Trump’s actual impeachment by both houses of Congress looks unlikely, the cautious investor should wait patiently, watch carefully, and be ready to hedge by buying less risky assets should this impeachment threat truly have legs.

Billionaire investor Ken Fisher on Trump impeachment inquiry: Circuses don’t kill bull markets

“It’s not a great world, but it’s an okay world and skepticism and negativity are very high,” he said. “Negativity and skepticism are priced into the market now.”

As the market starts to realize that we’re in an “okay world,” Fisher said it should be a fairly material positive surprise for markets,

Why a Trump impeachment would be amazing news for the stock market

He will most certainly be impeached but not convicted. Just like Clinton.

So you mean half an impeachment? I suspect Democrats will vote for impeachment regardless of facts. Remember how certain they were about Russian collusion? They won’t demand a special prosecutor to determine actual facts. That backfired last time. They need to vote on emotions.

I guess they forget they paid a foreign spy to create a dossier, used that to get a FISA warrant, and spied on Trump’s campaign. I guess they forget the blatant FBI bias that was revealed by the whole investigation. I guess Trump being under investigation wasn’t election interference.

I guess now Democrats think being a presidential candidate makes someone immune to any investigations. Biden isn’t even the nominee. There hasn’t even been a primary yet. They are lucky it’s being done now when they can still nominate someone else. Imagine if it was fine after the nomination was set the way the FISA warrant on Trump staffers was done.

Investigating a crime isn’t election inference. I’m guessing the impeachment response means they know an investigation will reveal something bad.

1 Like