Indices & ETFs

Kind of… Now sell out of all position.

Now the is time for a new hobby. Day trading is a time suck guaranteed to give a hangover. Invest in strip clubs instead. Texas has the best.

I’ve stuck with FNGU and itm ARKK option calls. So far, it seems to be outperforming TQQQ for whatever reason last week or so. Trying to determine if it’s the right strategy for longer term horizon… :thinking:

1 Like

:+1:

Haven’t done any DD on calls and FNGU, may be TQQQ calls are higher still?

Added my count on Panda’s latest count… SPX 4245 may be the end of wave 5… if not then 4450… just wait for the dreadful DTK signal. RUN if it flashes red… don’t become the next Newton.

1 Like

Yep, I’m selling everything once Panda’s DTK signal is given and going short.

1 Like

Here is my take, most of it personal preference.

1. I have played with options, but I am really poor (or even tempted to take loss or gain quickly). I do not prefer options.

2. Few days before, I informed you need to look at ETN vs ETFs. Just adding the negative side of ETN. They are just notes issued by BOM (for FNGU) Unsecured debt. They promise to pay…like that, they may or may not have securities behind ETNs.

An ETN holds no securities; any return it offers, leveraged or not, is simply an index calculation. An ETF, however, must own physical securities, meaning the portfolio manager must dip into the derivatives market to achieve leveraged exposure.

Where is the risk? If issuer files bankruptcy, ETNs has no value, while ETFs have secured by company stocks. Go back to 2008, Bank of America, JPM, C…all big banks was about to file bankruptcy until USG/FED came for rescue.

I would prefer ETFs (even 3x) better than ETNs. Many leveraged ETNs are delisted/closed (zeroed) in the past, it can also happen for bull 3x, simply risk is there.

I discount FNGU for ETN case.

1. ARKK, you are depended on third party (Cathie team) performance and is up to your risk. You need to look at their portfolio and what made them run up so far…etc. For example: They were holding bitcoin and TSLA - the two biggest winner. TSLA is company, fine, but bitcoin is speculative like Tulip Mania. It can crash easily as this is again kind of unsecured note. Like this you need to know (for holding long) lot of research.

Additionally, ARKK did not win my TQQQ exceed case yet (measuring from Mar 8, 2021 or Mar 23, 2020).

For me, my own purpose, I won’t go as I feel I am better than them.

1. Risker elements like 3x UPRO, TQQQ and SOXL or SPY/QQQ index related , I prefer so far as they are ETFs. They need to hold securities on daily basis.

For me, TQQQ and UPRO are measurable by index and SOXL appx measurable by index. SOXL (risker) is far better than TQQQ, TQQQ (risker however) far better than UPRO.

I would choose either 3 group ( SOXL, TQQQ, UPRO) or 2 group ( SOXL, TQQQ ) equally.

SOXL won my TQQQ exceed case yet (measuring from Mar 8, 2021 or Mar 23, 2020).

In addition, leveraged is always having risks as leveraged swap will become worthless when market volatility.

Timing is very important for trading with 3x, never believe any third party advices (including my advice) as they are worth nothing, do your own research

Mar 08, 2021

Mar 23, 2020

BTW: This is written for discussion purpose, not a stock nor an investment advice. You are on your for stock market.

Understood about ETN and I agree on the risk. I’m not keeping them long so it’s fine for now for me. I still have upro and fngu as my 2 biggest exposures. I sold soxl too early so no position for now. I also have a bigger option portion than I normally keep on arkk and spy calls which are running anywhere between 100-200% gain so far. I’ll let it run with a tight stop until Pandas DTK.

1 Like

Always keep a practice to buy ETFs than ETNs. When investment is less than 100k or even 200k, it is easy to manage, but for bigger values like 500k or 1M+, better to hold safer instruments.

Reg options, lot of factors changes value, holding leap calls (IMO) meaningless as we get into kind of 10% drop every six months and it becomes worthless.

I used to buy calls/puts appx 1500 contracts, even 1728 contracts of TSLA calls, now no more as I try to avoid it. For options, try to limit spy or qqq where spread is less as they eat away our profits.

Just read about the fiasco behind VIAC, how price jacked up and fund went off…etc. Individual stocks (IMO) very difficult to follow.

Reg Panda’s DTK, do not just believe third party advice, better to do some research to ensure risk/return.

I had nicely purchased big amount stocks on Mar 23, 2020, the lowest of the drop season, but latter reddit post (I believed) said market is going down further 20% I sold all my stocks in to cash, waiting for 20-30 days to see market went up big time high. Lost a big gain almost millions by believing 3rd party advice. Third party advice is worth nothing, including my suggestions.

Third party is hint, but we need to do our own research to protect our investments.

When we manage the risker exposures, we are better to perform well.

1 Like

:+1:

Got those too but very small amount… so nothing to talk about… just practicing day trading :slight_smile: and training my gut to Newton’s level :scream: High risk high reward… want high reward, has to take high risk.

Aggressive :slight_smile:

So far, QQQ is behaving as expected… getting complacent now :blush:

@JIl
The reason why I limit to trading QQQ calls and TQQQs is to limit tracking so many tickers… my brain go haywire ie. indecisive when there are so many tickers to decide on. Laser focus :slight_smile: produce better result. Last year, I traded mostly MU and had made good gains even though the stock largely go nowhere the entire year… focus is better than trying to chase this hot stock, then that hot stock,… Rolling Stones gather no moss. Put it this way, I am not good at multi-tasking… better know my own weakness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the decision. Future is unpredictable. If it turns out true, he won’t give whoever make the forecast any $ or praise. He has to accept his personal decision. Reading other people’s views are part of doing your own DD. You don’t need to always do everything yourself. Use an agent :slight_smile:

True, I just focus on TQQQ and SOXL using GSPC and IXIC indexes. This is good winning strategy as long timing works well.

Even now, QQQ pull back is not sufficient ( May be wave 3 powerful) and waiting to see bottom! Staying away from market until clear drop or up is visible.

Wave three is very powerful… tell tale sign is RSI is overbought still appreciate :slight_smile: If RSI in all timeframes are overbought still appreciate, you know is 3 of 3 or 3 of 3 of 3… While talking, QQQ rockets!

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.09.45 PM

The market has come to a stage where it can not go up without a pull back, but hanging around the same range for last 2 days, neither going up nor going down, fluctuating around without proper direction.

Something which I am unable to connect…or clueless.

I understood that it was my mistake on such decision.

At present stage, I do not need an agent. Just reading and analyzing my own is perfectly fine. All I need to do is control my own hands not to step out of the route.

Typical wave four pattern, trend less or sideways, depending on what you like to call it. I think you are expecting wave two behavior for every pull back/ drawdown, a counter-trend behavior i.e. down since QQQ has been up. In EW waves, retracement doesn’t have to be counter-trend, can be trend less (go up and down within range).

My hands alway step out of the route. Just last week, I intend to sell 100 TQQQs but I type 1000.

Sometimes, I intend to type buy, I type sell. Sometimes I intend to type sell, I type buy. Well, nothing to say… goblins playing game with me?

Typical wave four pattern, trend less or sideways => Market is behaving or waiting for something which I do not know, just moving the drop from one day to another, not clearly having upside direction.

Where as few days before when Panda said downside, I was telling upside, I had the clarity of direction. The current situation is uncertain, and market did not end up correctly today. Or I am unable to explain.

If someone buys TQQQ today, it can simply go down 9% (with 3% QQQ drop), not clear direction.

may be you think have midas touch. Anything you do turns into profit!

2 Likes

Sound like you are thinking of gap filling… IMHO, the gap is a breakaway gap and not an exhaustion gap. That is, the gap won’t be filled for a long while, … after wave V.5 is completed.

A breakaway gap is common during wave three :slight_smile:
An exhaustion gap only occur in wave five :wink:

1 Like

You are trying to co-relate something technical point of view, but it is not those. It is something that I feel qualitative that market makers brewing something to bring down suddenly…

You see how market was behaving last two days, every hour up and then down constantly.

All I feel that market is not in right mood to go up.

If tomorrow market goes up nicely above 0.50%, all 3 indexes, I think it is right way to go up. Otherwise, if it is hanging around like last two days, that is a big issue.

My feeling may be wrong too. It is completely qualitative, but not technical analysis. Under such uncertainty, I stay away from market.