Indices & ETFs

This is all the same ripple that started in January. Nothing new.

Green consumer staple stocks
AEP 2.49%
AWK 2.25%
AWR 0.12%
PG 0.46%

Waiting for better price to acquire TEVA.

What if China retaliates agains tarrifs by targeting Apple?

China already said it will make life difficult for companies in the Dow.

Except Apple. Because Apple employs a lot of workers in China. Making life difficult for Apple means shooting themselves in the foot. Chinese probably not following Trump’s footsteps.

2 Likes

Apple will move out to different place or go for local Robo-automation like Tesla assembly line.

not all automation is worthy of doing.

1 Like

It depends ( china mfr cost + tariff + transport + tax impact {either benefit or addtional charge} ) > automation cost !

Automation is already happening in China. Wages are getting high enough that automation is more cost effective. It’ll eventually be like US auto plants which only need 10% of the workers it used to take.

As long as we can enjoy 4$ burgers… i am down.

Three years ago Big Macs were $1. Now $5. Min wage increases are costing low end consumers the most. And my local McDonalds has kiosks. Planning on eliminating the order taking staff. At $5,
I go to the local premium burger place. $8 for a half pounder. Way better. Fast food is doomed at $15 min wage. What really pissed me off was the Sausage McMuffin going from $1to $3. Of course the sit down diners charge $12 instead of $8 for breakfast now.

1 Like

4$ burgers in a semi-casual sit down place would be nice. And not big mac though, a real burger :slight_smile: It costs around 13-14$ here in south bay iirc.

Yup, higher minimum wage hurts the people they are trying to help. In Seattle, it hasn’t reduced the number of jobs. However, employers have reduced hours, so worker take home pay is lower than it was before the minimum wage increase. That’s not going to help them afford rent here. I guess it’s better if they can manage the scheduling to work 2-3 jobs. Then they’ll have higher income.

We have a lot of competitors…can get a decent real half pound burger for $8-10…in fact the best burger on the Lake is at the Bridge Tender in Tahoe City…$7.99 ground sirloin…comes medium rare…Full bar also…

Yumm - i don’t know how canadians can eat their well done burgers :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends on whether they are employed by mom & pop or big companies like AMZN. I think you are describing the mom & pop situation.

I doubt salaried people make minimum wage. Hourly people have the risk of hours being cut.

Starbucks is a huge employer of minim wage people in Seattle. They are pushing ordering i
on the app like crazy. They’ve definitely reduced store staffing, because less cashiers are needed due to app ordering.

Big companies employ hourly guys.