Indices & ETFs

These are well known good books, but dry reading, takes longer time and deeper to understand. Normally, people won’t complete them except the first book. Once they struggle hard, they stop reading books.

The first two are easier than the last Intelligent-Investor, but that is master of investment.

If someone complete finishes/understand both Intelligent-Investor and Margin of safety, I would say they graduated investment study. No further reading books…

1 Like

Why are you telling me to read those books :slight_smile:

Whoever prefers index funds and whoever wants 100M in short period of time, needs this book :rofl:

1 Like

No, don’t need that book. Need to go to the nearest grocery store to buy that lotto ticket.

1 Like

Sell tech! Morgan Stanley’s warning to investors

Morgan Stanley is warning that an emerging trade war will probably rain on the tech parade. The investment bank urged clients in a report published Sunday to sell the tech sector, downgrading the space to “underweight.”

Ok… if you’re selling all your APPL, then I’m following your lead :slight_smile:

But some people here said trade wars are easy to win and China will soon roll over. Nothing to worry abut then. :smile:

Who are those people? Please specify the names :slight_smile:

Trump :sunglasses:

Looks like China will buy more oil from Iran to spite the US. The trade war will have lots of unintended consequences
Bullish for oil…

1 Like

Good answer! :smile:

Shouldn’t we do the opposite to Morgan Stanley’s recommendation? MS wants us to sell so they can buy for their clients, so we buy tech, if some jokers follow MS’s recommendation.

Buy oil. And maybe gold. If we are headed for uncertainty and volatility be defensive. Treasuries too

I guess that puts it into perspective. Most of the market is going nowhere except these 3.

Only for the time being. We are not in a sprint but a marathon. Um… ok, at least I am not… :slight_smile:

We are well aware of NFLX and AMZN through the F10 thread. The author sneaked in MSFT, the gain is not that spectacular.

That means author is paid by a resource, indirectly, to pull MSFT into his story

1 Like

AAPL is not much slower than Msft. Why did they pump msft and ignore aapl?

AAPL up 12% and Msft 15%. But aapl market cap is higher

MSFT secretly paid the reporter to have him write good things about it.

We do not the group that pays, it may be indirect mostly. He or his company may have vested interest to promote MSFT…etc. We can guess 100s of reason, the author knows the detail.

As far as individual investor point of view, we should not take the article by face value, but understand and analyze whether it is true or not.

I should have bought nflx, it’s the #1. Nothing compares. With option, you can get 10x a year