Indices & ETFs

Ok, one last question regarding this logic: when I sell 10% of my QQQ, it takes 2 business days for the transaction to close before the funds become available to purchase TQQQ. Same 2 day waiting period for the reverse transaction when trying to sell TQQQ and buy back QQQ.

Anything can happen during the blackout period, messing with the ROI? How to deal with this?

:+1:

Use margin account.

1 Like

Correct. Looks like he does not have Margin account. @SVRE, you need to signup for margin account(even for IRA they provide MA). When you sell it goes to settlement, and margin money is available at the same time for you to buy equal amount of TQQQ.

All this seems too complicated and risky. TQQQ is already leveraged 3x, and now I have to play with margin account money as well.

Instead of all this, why not just sell 50% of my QQQ holding, buy TQQQ with the proceeds, and hold for the long term -10 years or more.

That way, my bet goes from 1x QQQ to 0.5x QQQ + 0.5x TQQQ = 0.5x QQQ + 1.5x QQQ = 2x QQQ.

In other words, I double my bet on QQQ. Unless QQQ becomes super volatile or declines in the long term, don’t I come out ahead?

Then, choose the path which is not risky in stocks (If you find one!) !

Good point…

Keep in mind 3x works in other direction as well. TQQQ is not meant for a long term hold, and more of a short term. You can try what was suggested without margin account as well – why do you want to sell QQQ when it is down to buy TQQQ – whole logic is QQQ is going to be up long, and you are trying to leverage short term dips for high risk returns. Better to have small cash reserved just for this and stick to that.

I think this covers it: TQQQ - Is It A Good Investment for a Long Term Hold Strategy? (optimizedportfolio.com)

4 Likes

QLD = 2 x QQQ :wink:

Already discussed in this thread long ago. Pros and cons are well understood by bloggers that follow the discussion. Their conclusion is timed to buy TQQQ at a low similar to Mar 2020 :rofl: for LT hold. So wish for a top and then wait for a “Mar 2020” type of low.

Over 600% gain for less than 1.5 years. Well worth the wait.

1 Like

SPX is still below his line in the sand 4375. Actually he needs not specify 4375 because W-2 can retrace almost to 4393… he unnecessarily lock him in.

1 Like

Someone posted about panda this way

Not the first time. So long FANGMANT keeps going up, SPY and QQQ won’t come down. Today, FB makes a BIG leap.

Watch the fun… Stock Market Olympics Aug 6-20th.

FANGMANT = ? FB, AAPL, AMZN, GOOGL,NFLX, MSFT,???

I just posted…

FB AMZN NFLX GOOG MSFT AAPL NVDA TSLA

1 Like

Guess work, Just learning EW: With Dow 950 down recently, the drop to A is done, now market is going to B (very near, may be next Thursday), then B-C will be perfect time as almost FANGMANT results will be over. Whatever may be the exceptional report, B-C will happen before Aug 20th.

If this happens - as stated above - my learning EW is fine/worth.

BTW: Not a stock nor a financial advice, Anything can go wrong.

1 Like

Monday, the bull market is dead:

Friday, ATH:

Voodoo doesn’t seem to be working? I seem to remember someone drew 4400 as a line in the sand? Can’t keep track of all the voodoos flying around…

:thinking:

Dow just crossed 35K:

You should tweet in Panda tweet and tell him don’t use cycle analysis. Focus on sharpening his EW skill, raise weightage from 15% to 85%. Also, tell him if he only put 15% weightage on EWT, stop displaying in EW cycles, he gives bad names to EWT just like a certain graduate give bad name to a university in Minnessota. Also please show an alternative count.

The professional Elliottician Avi is extremely bullish for the next few years…