Indices & ETFs

MU is more difficult because it’s one of 3 producers. It doesn’t have monopoly, unlike BABA.

Just a reminder: IB doesn’t have margin calls. They just sell your positions when you don’t have enough equity. :scream:

1 Like

Assume you have 50B cash, if you are allowed to buy either (not both) MU or BABA, which one will make you rich faster?

This is key decision making point.

$50B is not enough for you?

How can I exceed you and WQJ, then? :rofl:

S&P 500 has made a bullish cross with tech, consumer discretionary at ATH. Industrials and materials are getting close to ATH. It’s a pretty bullish setup.

Usually, market intermediate top is around end Apr/ early May (@Jil will sell out) and then final higher top around end Aug/ early Sep.

1 Like

I you have $50b in cash. Put in Treasurys or Munis and spend it. Why waste time investing in stocks ?

1 Like

Market is bullish with golden cross and going crazy…now, right.

What is the fundamental reasons behind it?

Do not say Chinese deal which is not: Chinese trade war results $20Billion (10% of 200 B products) which is tiny compared to US GDP 20 Trillion.

Yahoo! traders think S&P would be going higher in coming week

Yes, it will go higher and higher without any fundamental change, that is what Mr.Market does…

1 Like

The market keeps going higher and higher, you keep resisting. Finally, you capitulated and go all in. That’s when the market crash starts and you stand to lose 50% of your nest egg.

I knew that capitulation, trying to get out now. Now the difference between S&P previous peak and this time is just 40 points below.

I just got in when S&P was 2350 and came out around 2775, missed 125 points so far. Over all YTD is 12% or more.

All I have is less than 10% money in market which is fine as this is less than my YTD profit. When market behaves like this, going up and up without fundamental change, I am scared.

what is your average time in the market? 1 month?

any1 notice a slight delay in posting? is server infected?

Where’s the 90% of your money? In the short term bond or money market?

You behave like a swing trader

Time does not matter as I measured above 10%, when I reached 12% I removed 95% , then bought 5%. Total 10% in market.

I see TSLA way low, same way TEVA, KHC are low price. I used 10% cash to buy these stocks.

It is with money market appx earning short term rate 2% to 4% return. May be swing trader I do not know.

@Jil According to Barrons, this bull market could run another decade.

When The Bull Market Will End?

Buy and hold for another decade! Stop trading your stocks. Stay 100%. 1.2% gain is equivalent to your 12% for 10%.

1 Like

We are in a secular bull market. There will be a few cyclical bear markets in between but we will recover and resume uptrend. Template is the last secular bull which last 18 years between 1982 and 2000. We are only half way through.

1 Like

Why are you trading and not pumped all in AAPLs then enjoyed life and come back 10 years later.

AAPL will not be the king for the next 10 years. Stops are necessary for margins.

1 Like