Indices & ETFs

Busy selling into the close. :cry:

Back to negative. -9% for the year. :scream:

Gain 300% last year, drop 9% is no big deal. 300 * 0.91 = 273% up from start of last year still much better than all (I guess) of us.

One year big gain means little. It’s better than no gain but still far from my goal.

Are you telling your over all gains (Inception to date) or year 2017 gain 300%?

manch’s not mine. His return last year is 300%.

1 Like

Just one year 2017. Until I can prove I can do it again and again that’s just one lucky break. Nothing special.

You should think longer term. Your goal is to achieve FIRE? generate $100k passive income in 5/10/x years or by year x? So long you achieve that, you are successful. Shorter term sub-goals are for measuring progress only, shouldn’t angst over it.

1 Like

For somebody who claims he is the best in graphics and whatnot, you are an ignorant on this subject.

Something else to know: This loan isn’t taking money from your own cash value. “You are actually borrowing from the insurance company and using your policy’s cash value as collateral,” says Reich.

No Need to Repay

One attractive aspect of loans against cash value is that you don’t have to repay them – a huge benefit in an emergency.

Read more: Understanding Life Insurance Loans | Investopedia Understanding Life Insurance Loans
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

:sob:

Slightly red overall. Doesn’t matter, going to DCA purchasing for 10 years.

The loan is still reducing your death benefit or how much you can borrow in the future. The interest is compounding annually. So yes, you’re still paying the 5% interest. Without it, you’d have a higher death benefit.

Another bad day for stocks. Has the peak passed already?

Funnily enough it was a good day for cryptocurrency! I wonder if investors are moving between the two?!

It is rising in anticipation of a giant stock market recovery run coming up shortly.

1 Like

Are you selling any Dow 50,000 hats?

Was this for crypto? :slight_smile:

More up and down chop with no definitive direction.

Consumer staples and materials are below their 200-day. Every other sector is between the 50 and 200-day. I don’t see the market going materially higher without leadership emerging. I also doing see it going much lower without bigger sectors going below the 200-day.

I feel like the easy money would be selling short-term volatility, since we likely aren’t going anywhere big. Sell out of the money puts and calls. I’m holding my stock positions and not trading options right now.

Day trading is profitable e.g. TSLA. Market condition is ideal for day traders :slight_smile:

Rumor is that Trump will announce new round of tariffs against China. Brace yourself for huge volatility.

1 Like

link?