Interested In Thailand? 2016 Performance Report

I could have bought a studio condo in Pattaya, Thailand for $20k…30 years ago…wonder what is worth now?

1 Like

Ahhhh, you are better off without Pattaya Condo !! I see condos worth $40000 (1400000 baht) now.

You should build a beach resort and make money out of pattaya. When I visited, family event, I spent easily 4k-6k just two days at pattaya without hotel/accommodation.

Pattaya is Sodom and Gomorrah on the beach…Discovered by the US 6th Fleet during Vietnam war…1k people in 1966…25k people in 1986… 300k now…No barriers to entry…High growth…Appreciation limits…Even with my limited RE knowledge 30 years ago I knew it would be a mediocre investment …

Pattaya was a fishing village until the 1960s. Then, during the Vietnam War, American servicemen stationed at nearby U-Tapao or other US bases in Thailand began visiting Pattaya. One story, unverified by a reliable source, has it that it all started when a group of 500 American soldiers stationed at the military base in Korat were driven to Pattaya on 29 June 1959 for a week of rest and relaxation (R&R). They rented several houses at the south end of the beach from a prominent Thai, Lord Sunthorn. Despite their short stay, the GIs had a great time and raved about the place. The word spread among other American soldiers stationed in the region and Pattaya quickly became a hot alternative to Bangkok.[1] Pattaya developed into a popular beach resort. Now greatly expanded, it attracts over 4 million visitors a year.[2][3] Fishers’ huts along the beach were replaced by resort hotels and retail stores, including Asia’s largest beachfront shopping mall,[4] the CentralFestival Pattaya Beach Mall and hotel (Hilton) on Beach Rd in central Pattaya. Today Pattaya is making efforts to clean up its image to become a family-oriented seaside destination.[5]

1 Like