Is it too late to become a real estate agent age 55?

If I become a real estate agent now, age 55 with no experience, will I be able to get a job with a company? Will it be difficult to get hired? How much does an agent working for a company makes in percentage on a sale?

And if I go into business alone, how much money do I need to invest, and how to let people know about me?

The average agent is about 55. But the key is marketing. The hardest part of the job is getting listings and clients. If you don’t have a sales and marketing background it will be tough.

Many brokers will let you hang your licence with them for a very little commission. Well known brokerages (like interro, CB, KW) will charge a desk fee per month but they will provide lot of support. At the end of the day, the job of a Real Estate Salesman a sales job. If you are good at sales, which you will know at this stage of life, success will be easy.

And if I go into business alone, how much money do I need to invest, and how to let people know about me?

You will need about $2000-30000 to get some training, license, and access to MLS. Start with some good brand like Interro brokerage. They will train you but they will charge good desk fee per month.

1 Like