Is This Another Case Of NIMBY?

I take it you don’t buy Gavin will be Prez one day?

He was running when he ruined Kerry’s chance. Times have changed and when Kerry’s generation dies he has a shot in say 2028. He will be 61 will have had 8 years of Governors job experience.

1 Like

:thinking:

“What we really want is fewer students, (and) less traffic on our neighborhood streets,” Matson said. “What we want is to enjoy peace and quiet in our homes.”

The goal, his housing chief said, was for teachers to move in by 2022 and for more unused property owned by the San Francisco Unified School District to be chosen for additional projects.

That hasn’t happened. None of it. Ground won’t be broken on 135 rental units until at least August at the Francis Scott Key Annex at 1360 43rd Ave., the site of a century-old, ramshackle school district building used mostly for records storage.

No additional site has moved forward for additional teacher housing either, despite promises from the district, and numerous plots of land owned by the district continue to sit mostly unused in a city desperate for housing

This is why I laugh when people think anything will be better if the government runs it.

1 Like

A nonprofit in one of California’s wealthiest cities is trying to block a new housing development

2 Likes

Human are pollution…

There are two sides to every story.

The NIMBYs aren’t all wrong. When we have something nice, we want to keep others from damaging it or taking it away. It’s a constant struggle.

One buys a shiny new car and rues the day someone parks next to it and slams their door into it.

Human beings are pollution

This is exactly why I have zero respect for liberals. They’ll vote for homeless shelters and safe injection sites. Then they’ll protest like crazy against it being in their own neighborhood. It’s completely hypocritical. They don’t actually care about their causes. They care about making others deal with their causes. They should look at where the highest percent of people vote for that stuff and put it in that neighborhood. If they did that, then hardly anyone would ever vote for it.

3 Likes

Humans are viruses :microbe: Multiply uncontrollably and consume huge resources. Earth would soon be inhabitable.

A more appropriate analog is humans are like cancer cells which multiply uncontrollably and consume huge resources.

But then the host dies, and the cancer cells die too.

So that’s who we are. The host just got diagnosed. Chemo is about to start. A bunch of us will die but we will eventually relapse and metastasize. We call that a win.

Where is my antidepressant? :slight_smile:

“They should look at where the highest percent of people vote for that stuff and put it in that neighborhood.”

I think a couple of state governers have tried something like that lately. Look how it turned out.:person_shrugging: